Update**** Picmonkey has since changed a few things for the better, so now you can simply choose “transparent background”
How To Make An Image Background Transparent Using PicMonkey
Making an image transparent can be pretty tricky if you do not have any of the big photo programs like Photoshop. I have never actually even used Photoshop and so I had to find an alternative. Trying to edit photos or make designs without being able to make something transparent is impossible. So I found a way to use my favorite ever free online photo editing program, PicMonkey!
This trick can be used for all kinds of different things too. I use to hate that I had to have a “starter” image in order to place a banner to build an image onto , well with this trick you don’t have to ! Build an image on a transparent background!
Here is how :
1. Go to www.picmonkey.com and Choose “Create Collage”
2. Close the boxes in the shown collage format so that it is just one big square
3. Click on the palette icon located on the bottom of the list to the left , then click transparent, this will make that whole white square transparent. Then click EDIT at the top. You will be asked if you want to open the editor, click yes.
4. Now this will be weird and will take some getting use to you. You are now looking at PicMonkey’s background in the editor. Do not worry, your transparent background is there, it is 2000 x 2000 giving you plenty of room to work on. If you want to see it click on the crop tool to get a visual. Then you will just have to work in the middle. Sometimes objects or text will go off the edge, that is ok just re-position. Chances are everything you do will be tons smaller than this 2000 x 2000 so there will be no problems.
5. Start adding your text and overlays. Once you are finished just click crop to get all the extra cut out . Then you can resize your image!