This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
Thanks to Amy for sharing your recipe for these amazing little keto cinnamon sugar donut style keto muffins. They were delicious! Pinned over 1 million times and raved about all over the internet this is one of the best easy keto breakfast recipes. Perfect make ahead keto snack too!
Keto Cinnamon “Sugar” Donut Style
This recipe comes from a friend who has been making them for years. They have been gluten and sugar free all her life and (in my eyes) she is the queen of baking GF! Her classic keto cinnamon sugar donut is a huge hit with her family and friends. Everyone who eats them absolutely loves them.
I know you hear it all the time, your family will love them and not know they are keto friendly. It is true. We strive to recreate and share recipes that are keto/low carb friendly that the whole family will love. Otherwise, you tend to have to cook twice as much which can lead to falling back into a regular habit of eating anything.
One of the easiest ways to eat keto
AND STAY on keto is to help others adapt to your way of eating. If you are like me, you have lived long enough trying to diet or change your eating habits while others stuff their face with everything and anything right in front of you. These keto muffins are a great way to start them on your track. Just remember, let them know, adapting to the different tastes is easy and quick. Especially the sweeteners, once you stop eating sugar you stop craving it. Making it easier to give up.
Try experimenting with this muffin recipe by adding different extracts or flavor oils. We added apple to ours and can’t wait to try pumpkin! There are ways to eat keto and not feel deprived of certain flavors. After all, flavor is why we eat food not necessarily what it is made from. Think about that. If you like apple cinnamon muffins you can still have them.
Easy Keto Breakfast Recipes
More keto muffins to try!
Making Amy’s Keto Muffins
be sure to try our keto strawberry muffins
More about Almond Flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sweetener, 20% off Lakanto with code MELISSA20
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
For the covering:
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener, 20% off Lakanto with code MELISSA20
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin pan with papers.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs and cream.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients (except for the topping ingredients). Slowly add to the wet ingredients, continuously mixing with the electric mixer.
- Spoon even amounts into each muffin cup.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden and set up.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Brush finished muffins with butter, roll in cinnamon sweetener mix. Serve!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 186