There is nothing like the smell of cinnamon scented pine cones during the winter season! Here is an easy way to make your own at home a lot cheaper than buying them in the store!
DIY Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones
Easy & Inexpensive!
This time of year you enter almost every store to the smell of cinnamon scented pine cones. I love the smell and purchase my pine cones as soon as they put them out. I have always thought they were kind of expensive, maybe it is because I buy a lot. Like about 10 bags and at $3.88 , $40 after tax is insane for pine cones. I am not sure if you have noticed, but the bags are so small now too.
So, I decided to make my own. I have no idea how the manufacturer's do it, but I like a challenge and actually, IT WAS EASY!
Here is how to make your own cinnamon scented pine cones for less than half the cost than the store's!
What you need:
Pine cones from your yard (or the neighbors, with permission of course!)
Cinnamon scented warmer oil (got mine from Dollar Tree!)
Pine Cones = free , Cinnamon oil = $2
(this much oil will make 3 batches of pine cones saving you $10)
What to do:
- Preheat over to 200°
- Find the best pine cones you can in all various shapes and sizes. Use about 20 pine cones for one batch.
- Clean them by picking off any pine needles and lightly brush off dirt/debris
- Put the pine cones in a plastic container ( that has a cover, you will need to shake these up)
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon oil by drizzling it all over the pine cones
- Put the lid on and GENTLY shake around to better coat the pine cones
- Place the pine cones on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet
- Heat to dry them out in the oven for about 15 minutes, leave the oven door cracked open to fill your home with the smell if you want. I did!