This is certainly a recipe that will have everyone screaming for more! Apple cinnamon roll monkey bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a snack. Come see how easy it is to make! If you want to try the same flavors in a slightly different process, see our stuffed monkey bread link below. It uses canned cinnamon rolls, flattened out and filled with apple mixture. Delicious either way you choose!
Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
Hey everyone! So, lately we have been experimenting with different refrigerator dough because they are just SO easy to use and versatile. Since fall is upon us, my local orchard is open and ready for apple sales (yay, I buy like 2 bushels a season). So this recipe was inspired by them....
Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread before the famous FLIP!
After the flip! This monkey bread is gooey and sticky and absolutely heaven.
This monkey bread uses fresh apples and refrigerator cinnamon roll dough. This makes the recipe so simple and quick. There is no pre-cooking the apples to make the filling. That happens in the oven when the dough is baking, the same as with apple pie.
New update- This is an old post and the video is even older! Please have mercy on us. We love you.
Watch a quick video on how to make this apple cinnamon roll monkey bread. Warning- We are just now dabbling in video so thanks for your patience while we combat bad lightening, slightly annoying music and maybe the occasional faux pa like the bowl drop you may or may not notice in this video!
For another amazing , easy recipe check out our :
Buttery Crisp Seasoned Potato Wedges
More amazing apple recipes
- Another stuffed monkey bread
- Cranberry Apple Parfait
- Pineapple Grilled Shrimp & Rice (ok no apple here, but it is fantastic)
- 5 minute apple and brown sugar oatmeal
Need help picking the apples to use? Try our handy Apple ID Chart
25 Indulgent Caramel Apple Recipes
Apple Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Recipe Video
This is certainly a recipe that will have everyone screaming for more! Apple cinnamon roll monkey bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a snack. Come see how easy it is to make!
- 1 or 2 cans refrigerator cinnamon roll dough, serves either 4 or 8
- 2 apples- cut, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, stir together apples, cinnamon, sugar, flour, butter and set aside.
- Cut cinnamon rolls into 4.
- Roll dough pieces into balls.
- Add apples to a round casserole dish and top with cinnamon roll dough balls.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and edges are bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place a plate on top of the casserole dish, hold tightly and flip over onto plate. Lift off dish.
- Drizzle with icing and serve!
Number of servings will depend on how many cans of dough you use. I used one and it served 4. There was enough apple filling to accommodate two cans of dough should you wish to make more.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!