A low carb waffle that eats like dessert for breakfast! Made with ingredients you probably already have on hand. So good "non-low carbers" will love them.
Low Carb Waffle Recipe
Finding breakfast that isn't eggs can be hard when you eat low carb. Most breakfast items are carb loaded- donuts, muffins, bagels, pancakes and of course, waffles. When I started the low carb way of life I started simply, but got bored. I set out to recreate the food items I use to eat the most, in a low carb or keto way.
If you are new to low carb or keto it is recommended that you stay away from low carb versions of breads and desserts because they can trigger cravings. Once you are adapted, have at it! Our low carb waffle recipe is easy to make and uses minimal ingredients you probably already have on hand.
If you don't have a waffle maker just make it in a skillet like a pancake. OR if you really want waffles you can buy a simple iron in store or online for under $20. Honest to God the one in this video was $16 and works so well.
Watch the video on how to make our Low Carb Waffles
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- 2 tablespoon ALL NATURAL peanut butter, all natural has about 5 net carbs per 2tbsp with no sugar added. Skip it and add 2 tablespoon melted butter if you want to cut back on the carbs
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 serving Lily's sugar free chocolate chips FROZEN
- Preheat your waffle iron or skillet. Brush with butter or oil.
- Using a hand mixer, whip together all waffle batter ingredients.
- Scrape down the sides, fold in chocolate chips.
- NOTE- freezing the chocolate chips while you prepare everything will help them hold up to the heat.
- Pour batter into waffle iron, cook as manufacturer suggest.
- I cook mine a little longer or until the steam stops. They end up more crispy.
Carbs per waffle- About 10.
This may be too high for those eating 20g a day on Keto. If so, just omit the peanut butter and sub butter as directed in the recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!