Trying to stick to low carb meals but craving your favorite Chinese food dish? Make this Low Carb Beef and Broccoli recipe. You can have a guilt-free Asian-inspired slow cooker keto beef dinner that will satisfy any cravings you might have with this easy keto dinner recipe.
When I order Chinese food, my go-to dish is beef and broccoli. While I love it, I know the restaurant’s sauce is loaded with sugar and contains too many carbs. Because I am trying to monitor my carb intake, I decided to try this Low Carb Beef & Broccoli recipe. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted, knowing that it does not contain nearly as many calories or carbs as traditional beef and broccoli would. The key to most easy keto dinner recipe Chinese copycats is the coconut aminos. They are a soy free way to add the classic flavor that comes in most dishes.
Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef
If you are trying to eat healthier but have that desire for beef and broccoli, make this Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe. Not only does it contain fewer carbs, but it is also better for you. The dish includes antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients that make the meal perfect to have for dinner with the family.
It is also a great way to get the kids to eat broccoli. The sauce added to the beef and broccoli enhances its flavor and takes it to the next level. Serve it by itself or with a side of cauliflower rice to make it even more filling.
Ingredients in this Slow Cooker Keto Beef Dinner
Make this simple slow cooker keto beef dinner with just a few ingredients that you might already have on hand. These are a few of the ingredients you need to make the Low Carb Beef and Broccoli:
- Beef Slices. Cut them as thin or as thick as you would like. I prefer slim, smaller pieces because they are easier to chew for the children and myself.
- Fresh Ginger. It has a strong taste, but it is excellent with the beef and broccoli, giving it the flavor it needs.
- Broccoli. You cannot have beef and broccoli without the freshly cut pieces of broccoli. I like to get rid of the stems and keep the broccoli heads, but you can use both if you like the stems!
- Soy Sauce OR Coconut Aminos to be fully KETO approved, not just low carb. You will marinate your beef in a blend of soy sauce, ginger, and other ingredients. This step is essential and will help give the dish its flavor.
While traditional beef and broccoli typically only contain beef for the meat and broccoli as the veggie, you can add additional items to the dish. I have added chopped carrots, diced onions, and shrimp to the Low Carb Beef & Broccoli in the past and loved these other additions so much. If you are fully keto, skip the carrots!
How to Freeze the Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef
Save some of your leftovers for longer than a week by placing them in the freezer. You need to put the slow cooker keto low carb beef and broccoli into a gallon storage bag with a zip-sealed top, suction out any extra air from inside the bag, seal it shut, and label it with the date before you put it in your freezer. You can keep the Low Carb Beef & Broccoli frozen for up to three months. When you want to eat it, pull it out a few hours in advance to let it thaw and then heat it in your microwave or a saucepan.
More Easy Keto Dinner Recipes
Keto Chicken Lo Mein
We hope you enjoy our easy slow cooker keto low carb beef and broccoli !
Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
Don't settle for simply swearing off Chinese food! When it comes to flavor and satisfaction this Low Carb Beef and Broccoli recipe has it! Swap out the soy sauce for coconut aminos to simply make this keto approved as well.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, sliced thin
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ cup liquid aminos for KETO (or soy sauce if low carb only)
- 2 tablespoons golden monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (or powder)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the slow cooker, whisk together the beef broth, liquid aminos, monk fruit, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic together.
- Place the beef slices and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and toss with the liquid. Try to keep the beef separated to avoid it cooking in clumps.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir in the xanthan gum. Add the broccoli florets and toss to coat.
- Replace the lid and continue to cook for 30 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked to your preferred tenderness
- Serve alone, over zucchini noodles, or with cauliflower rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 26gCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4gProtein: 42g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Low Carb Beef and Broccoli”
I just love broccoli in Chinese food, what is it with that? Anyone else ever notice it takes on the flavor so good ? always looking for a good keto dinner thanks
Yessss I say this all the time, thanks for stopping by!
we are always looking for Chinese take out recipes especially keto ones, thanks for this recipe
Hi Amy, Same here and Thank you