Save to PINTEREST- Simply HOVER over ANY image & look for the SAVE button in the top left corner.
Instant Pot Peanut Chicken is a delicious option that brings tons of flavor to the dinner table. The classic combination of chili garlic sauce, peanut butter, and coconut milk create a low carb peanut chicken dish everyone begs you to make. Use your Instant Pot for this easy chicken recipe to be ready in no time. If you have ever had chicken satay with peanut sauce, this is an absolute must try.
Low Carb Peanut Chicken
One of my biggest weaknesses with staying on the keto plan is feeling like I can’t have my favorite take out. I’ve solved some problems with things like my grilled chicken and spinach keto pizza. Yet, there was something missing from my menu. Thai and Indian cuisine, like this low carb peanut chicken was just what I was craving!
Whether you like your peanut chicken spicy or a bit sweet won’t matter. Because this recipe has the best of both worlds and is definitely easy to low carb adapt. Our Instant Pot Peanut Chicken is a version of the famous and undeniably delicious Chicken Satay with peanut sauce.
What is Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce is a Thai dish that traditionally combines a sweet and spicy peanut butter based sauce poured over grilled chicken or grilled chicken kabobs. The peanut butter flavor is tamed down by the addition of coconut milk, chili sauce, some spices and a little lime, making the perfect culinary balance.
What if Chili Garlic Sauce is Too Spicy for Me?
If you find the common chili garlic sauce or garlic chili pastes to be too much for your tastebuds, it’s easy to adapt. You can make this with less than listed, or simply leave it out and use simple garlic paste instead.
The same goes for those who want a bit more heat in their meal. Just added extra chili to the recipe until you reach the flavor level you prefer.
Do I Have to Use Special Peanut Butter to Keep This Keto?
Not necessarily a special peanut butter, but yes, you do need to check the labels. Most of your regular peanut butter found on the grocery store shelf will have added sugars. These days, most major brands offer at least one natural option that has only pure peanuts and maybe a bit of salt in the mixture. Just make sure you check for any added sugars and avoid those types of peanut butter.
Can I Add Peanuts as Garnish
Yes Absolutely! If you are like me and prefer a bit of a crunch in your dishes, it brings a new dimension and hits all the notes taste buds enjoy. Top this recipe with a few crushed peanuts alongside your diced green onions. Alternately, you could simply use a bit of crunchy peanut butter in place of the smooth kind.
What Keto Side Can I Serve With This Instant Pot Chicken?
Typically the family would want rice for this low carb peanut chicken, but for us, following a keto meal plan it is a no go. Instead, I use cauliflower rice on the side. In addition to this, you could add any steamed or roasted vegetables, or zoodles.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- My Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is a favorite all-in-one meal that is fast and packed with flavor while still being keto-friendly.
- If that isn’t your style, you may want to check out this Instant Pot Country Style Ribs recipe. This may be one of my family’s favorite keto meals! So yummy and tender!
- If you have extra chicken and aren’t sure what to make, check out this list of great Instant Pot chicken recipes. There is something for everyone on this list!
- Last, but not least, this Instant Pot Artichoke Spinach Chicken recipe is a delicious take on the popular dip, without the carbs!
Be sure to LIKE or FOLLOW us on Facebook, just click the Simple Keto Recipes Image Below.
Try LAKANTO Sweeteners & Products
How to Make Peanut Chicken in the Instant Pot
Grab the printable recipe card below, and make sure to bookmark or pin this recipe to Pinterest for future use!
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive or peanut oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- Zest and Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Peanuts, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute function. Add oil and chicken- cook just until brown on each side. Add xanthan gum, mix well to coat evenly.
- Pour in chicken stock, scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any cooked on pieces. Press CANCEL.
- Set to MANUAL and pressure cook for 6 minutes. Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes before quick releasing. Let the Instant Pot go to KEEP WARM.
- In a bowl- Combine softened peanut butter, liquid aminos, ginger, sweetener, lime juice, lime zest, and chili garlic sauce. Mix well. Slowly mix in coconut milk (shake can very well before opening). Mixture will come together better once warmed.
- Pour sauce over chicken, mix, leave on KEEP WARM for at least 10 minutes. Hold on keep warm until ready to serve, mixing every 10 minutes or so.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zoodles. If your household is not keto or low carb feel free to have jasmine rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 25g