Chinese food is one of my favorite types of cuisines, but I’ve had to stop eating a lot of it while following the keto diet. Luckily, I’ve come up with a great way to enjoy Chinese food without the excess carbs. This Keto Chicken Lo Mein is keto-friendly and full of flavor. You’re going to love it!
If you love Chinese food but are eating the keto way, you might feel like you’ve had to give up eating some of your favorite dishes. While lots of Asian-inspired meals are carb-heavy, this recipe isn’t. If you’re craving lo mein, try the keto Chinese chicken recipe.
It’s perfect to have for a quick dinner when you want something different than what you’d typically make. My children always get excited when they find out that this is what I’m making for dinner because it’s one of their favorite meals.
Keto Chicken Lo Mein
The Keto Chicken Lo Mein is low in carbs but full of healthy and nutritious ingredients that taste great. It contains fresh skinless chicken breast, broccoli, peppers, and other assorted vegetables that pair perfectly together.
What I like about this dish, other than the fact that it’s safe to eat while following a keto diet, is that it is so healthy. I have no problem getting my kids to eat their veggies when I prepare the easy keto Chinese recipe for them. It’s one of their favorite recipes using keto zucchini noodles.
Ingredients to Add to Your Keto Chicken Lo Mein
Before you get started in the kitchen, make sure you have the right ingredients to prepare the Keto Chicken Lo Mein. Some of the ingredients needed to prepare this zucchini noodle recipe include:
Boneless Chicken Breast - The boneless chicken breast is the main ingredient in this dish. Make sure to buy it without the skin, so it’s less time you need to spend preparing your meal.
Julienned Carrot Strips - The julienned carrot strips add a crunch to the Keto Chicken Lo Mein. They’re a must-have for this veggie-packed dish.
Zucchini - Rather than having traditional lo mein noodles, you’ll be preparing noodles with zucchini instead. It might sound weird, but I promise it’s excellent, and it’s the best way to keep this dish low in carbs.
Bell Peppers - Add more flavor and an extra crunch to the lo mein dish using assorted bell peppers. These peppers are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants, too.
You’ll also need a few other ingredients, such as liquid aminos, chicken broth, and ground ginger, to prepare the sauce that you will add to your chicken and vegetables.
How to Freeze the Keto Chicken Faux Mein
Place your Faux Mein into a food storage bag. Let the air out of the bag and then seal it shut. You can fit it in your freezer and keep it fresh for several months.
I would recommend thawing it out and eating it within three months of preparing and freezing it to make sure it tastes as fresh as possible. You might want to store the meat and vegetables in one food storage bag and the sauce in a separate one, but that is optional and depends on your preference.
Try our other Recipes :
Keto Spinach Artichoke Meatballs
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Keto Grilled Chicken White Pizza
Keto Cheesecake Shooters
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup julienned carrot strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 5 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon PLUS 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ to 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, for thickening
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper as desired.
- In a large (12 inch or larger) skillet, wok, or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and part of the chicken.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and cook through until done. Remove chicken and set aside.
- To the skillet, add the remaining oil and the vegetables. Stir fry until the vegetables begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer.
- Add the chicken and toss together to coat in the sauce.
- Serve over prepared zucchini noodles or eat as is!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 7gProtein: 21g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.