This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
Stuffed monkey bread is an old family favorite that everyone can’t get enough of. My semi-homemade version tastes like it came straight out of the bakery!
Stuffed Monkey Bread
Apple cinnamon is certainly a popular flavor for fall in my house. I have been making this stuffed monkey bread every September for years. Whether you call it monkey bread, bubble bread, or pull apart bread, it is a must make item this fall. An easy semi homemade recipe that tastes like it came straight from the bakery. By simply using a store bought dough for this recipe, it makes baking this monkey bread a breeze. I am a huge fan of Apple cinnamon, there is something about it I can’t get enough of.
I have been thinking about this monkey bread for months. Back at the end of July it was crazy- you walk into the stores and shelves are filled with all things Apple cinnamon. Cereals, toaster pastries, cookies, to name a few. I have tried some store bought items over the years, some were good and others didn’t have a true Apple cinnamon flavor to them. That is why when it comes that time for my Apple cinnamon cravings, I create simple recipes like this monkey bread.
To be honest my stuffed monkey bread doesn’t last very long in our house. When you bake this up, it fills the home with that glorious Apple cinnamon smell, and the whole family comes running. My stuffed monkey bread barely has time to cool before hands are reaching in and grabbing pieces of the bread. We hope you enjoy it as much as they do!
Making our stuffed monkey bread
(full recipe card below)
Cut cinnamon rolls in half and roll flat.
Top each piece with apple filling. Fold edges together and pinch closed (like a dumpling)
Toss into cinnamon sugar mixture, coat well. Set aside. Continue with other pieces.
Place stuffed monkey bread pieces into a greased bundt pan.
After making the sauce, pour over monkey bread and bake about 30-35 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting pan. Garnish as desired.
More yummy apple recipes
- 2 sticks butter
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3 apples -peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- Nuts for garnish, optional
- Powdered sugar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add in apples. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove apples from saucepan, drain excess liquid. Place in a bowl and gently coat with flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in granulated sugar and cinnamon, gently mix together. Set aside.
- Open cinnamon rolls, cut each in half. Roll each half into a ball, then roll flat. Fill each circle in the center with apple mixture. Gently, like a dumpling, bring the edges together to the center and pinch together the ends.
- Coat it in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, place seam side up in greased bundt pan.
- In a sauce pan , over low heat melt butter. Once melted, stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Increase heat to medium high, bringing to a slow bubble (not hard boil) Stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes. NOTE- IF YOU HAVE LEFT OVER APPLES, YOU CAN ADD THEM TO THE SAUE. Pour sauce over the monkey bread.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Invert pan onto plate or platter. Garnish as desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 280