These cute little Apple Pie Sugar Cookie Cups totally scream fall! Perfect for potlucks, school functions, parties or just a quick treat. It is an easy non "recipe", recipe. More of a clever idea than actual recipe. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Sugar Cookie Cups
When it comes to apple pie, it seems nothing can compare to the classic. Not all occasions call for an apple pie. Sometimes we crave it, but do not want the hassle of making a full pie. Instead, this recipe uses a sugar cookie cup filled with apple pie filling as a quick and easy way to get you apple pie fix. They feature all the flavors we crave in an apple pie.
Made with a simple sugar cookie dough and apple pie filling, you can whip them up any time. Top these apple pie sugar cookie cups with whipped cream, ice cream, icing drizzle or even caramel! Either way they will satisfy your apple pie craving and have you thinking of fall.
Here is how to our applie pie sugar cookie cups
(full recipe card below)
Press sugar cookie mixture into muffin tin.
Prebake sugar cookie cups for 5 minutes. Fill each cup with chunky applesauce (preferable homemade)
Return the pan to the oven and continue baking until sugar cookie cups are golden brown and set up- about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and top with whipped cream.
Try this perfect fall cookie :
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with a Twist!
- 1 Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough , roll
- 1 cup Chunky Applesauce OR Pie Filling
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut cookie dough into even slices. Roll each slice into a ball.
- Place each ball into the muffin tin and lightly press down forming a "well".
- Prebake for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven and fill each cup with apple filling or sauce.
- Continue baking until sugar cookie is golden and set up, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a 5-10 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream, serve!