How To Make Restaurant Style Homemade Belgian Waffles
How To Make Restaurant Style Homemade Belgian Waffles- Our homemade belgian waffle recipe makes Big, crispy, buttery Belgian Waffles just like in the restaurants at home. It is a lot easier than one may think. This easy belgian waffle recipe takes only a few minutes and is a simple make ahead breakfast meal. Follow the directions below and you will be enjoying them in no time at all.
TIP * - Make extra and freeze them for a quick breakfast during the week. Store in a freezer bag for up to 2 weeks. Take out how many you want, cook in a toaster oven or on a cookie sheet in the oven.
WARNING- this is NOT a low fat recipe. The amount of butter seems scary, but it really isn't for the yield. The butter is what makes these so delicious!
Be sure to try our other easy belgian waffle recipe
Easy Banana Belgian Waffles
Making our homemade belgian waffle recipe
Our easy belgian waffle recipe is a great make ahead recipe. Take a morning to make breakfast for the family while planning ahead for the whole week. Simply add the cooled waffles to a zip lock freezer bag.
Best waffle makers of 2020
Make ahead breakfast, Enjoy all week!
Tips for making this homemade belgian waffle recipe
Below are some helpful tips for some common problems when making waffles at home.
Some common issues that we hear from readers when making waffles :
- They were soggy
- They didn't turn out golden brown
- My waffles were not crunchy on the edges
- I did not get a full round waffle
How to fix these common issues:
- If waffles are not golden brown- turn the temperature up 1 spot until desired color is achieved
- To prevent soggy waffles let them cook longer, watch for the steam to dissipate
- For crunchy edges on your waffles- make sure the waffle maker is locked down and you flip it over once filling (if your style waffle maker flips)
- To ensure round full waffles make sure you use enough batter. Start at the middle pouring in a spiral circle motion out to the edge
- A waffle iron hot and ready to go
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3-½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Topping of your choice
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and melted butter in a medium bowl. Add the flour , baking powder and half of the milk, mix well. Add the remaining milk, continue mixing. Batter shouldn't be too thick. Add more milk if need be.
- Make sure your waffle iron is ready, pour ¾ cup of batter or the measurement your iron calls for into the center of the iron. Close the lid, cook according to manufacturers instructions.
Cook times may vary. A great hint is to watch for the amount of steam coming from your waffle maker. More steam, more cook time. As the steam subsides, the waffle is getting crisper and golden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.