Our keto stuffed peppers use cauliflower rice to make this a delicious keto dinner idea as an alternative with all the traditional flavors of the hearty southern stew. Low carb stuffed peppers that taste like a guilty pleasure.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
Healthy Stuffed Peppers
The best part about this keto jambalaya recipe...
These keto stuffed peppers are going to feed and satisfy the whole family. If you are eating low carb or keto you can have them too! There is no rice in this recipe, instead, we riced cauliflower which takes on the flavor of anything it is seasoned with.
The cauliflower rice holds up well and doesn't get mushy. Trust me, even if you aren't a fan of cauliflower you will enjoy these. Keto stuffed peppers are a recipe all my friends are always looking for so these are perfect.
Always A Hit !
Making our keto stuffed peppers recipe
Keto Jambalaya Style
Makes 4 peppers
Be sure to try our keto no bake cookies for dessert!
Also try out these amazing Philly Steak and Cheese stuffed peppers from Low Carb Maven!
How Healthy Are Stuffed Peppers
My recipe is rather healthy as I have reached for healthier alternatives to some of the regular ingredients used in stuffed peppers. Lean meat, cauliflower rice and more. If you learn to cook in a healthy way you can make almost any recipe a healthier version.
Can I Swap The Meat In Keto Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Yes, Of Course. Because we made this a keto Jambalaya recipe we used the classic meats, If you don't want the sausage you can replace with a different protein. Traditionally in Jambalaya, you will find a variety of options. Here are some ideas for you. Ground beef and ground sausage together, chicken and shrimp, sausage and chicken, etc. Find what pairing works for you, or stick to one meat.
Do These Refrigerate Well
Not really. The peppers will break down quite a bit during the cooking process, so they will become mushy. The texture of the stuffed peppers will be different but the flavor is still tasty.
Best Way To Reheat Stuffed Peppers
I find placing the peppers on a baking sheet and tossing them in the oven works best for me. I just heat at 350 degrees until they are warmed through then slice up and serve. You can also opt to warm peppers up in a microwave as well.
Can I Make These Stuffed Peppers With Mini Peppers
What I would do if you want to make mini stuffed peppers is slice them lengthwise. They will be easier to fill with mixture. If you plan to use mini peppers then you need to dice up the chicken and other ingredients a lot smaller so the mixture can actually fit them in the peppers. A Keto Jambalaya Recipe would be a tasty keto diet appetizer you could serve.
What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers
More Amazing Keto Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Peanut Chicken
- Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Parmesan Ranch Zucchini Pizza- Easy & Low Carb!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or 2 Thighs, diced
- 2 Smoked Sausages, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, raw, riced
- 4 Bell Peppers, prepared as noted above
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon each Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Hot Sauce, optional
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese, your choice, we used pepperjack
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut off the tops of all of your peppers and clean out the insides.
- Dice up the edible part of the tops of each pepper.
- Oil an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, chicken, and sausage. Saute until slightly brown.
- Add in diced peppers and seasoning. Continue until cooked through. Stir in riced cauliflower.
- Stuff each pepper, top with cheese. Cover and bake for 15-20 min. Or until tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!