Keto Breakfast Pizza is blowing up the scene! This Meat Lover's Style is a hit among low carbers... ummm Yes please! This recipe was modeled after my original breakfast pizza recipe including original crust. It uses our easy keto fathead dough recipe.
When making the transition to low carb I had to convert that recipe to keto approved. It isn't exactly the same, but it is absolutely delicious and does the trick. See for yourself!
Keto Breakfast Pizza
Made with our Fathead Dough Recipe
What is Fathead Dough?
Fathead dough, or also known as Fat Head dough, is a gluten free dough that can be used in both savory AND sweet applications. Instead of gluten, a mix of mozzarella and cream cheeses combined to create a "glue' to hold the dough, bread or pastry together.
It is actually quite genius. I know what you are probably thinking.... what about the taste? NO! You can not taste the cheeses at all. I am telling you, genius.
Making our Keto Breakfast Pizza
Note- because of the nutrition information varying so much for each different brand and item that can be used, we are not providing a label.
You can use the link below to input your own information from your specific ingredient labels. However our Keto Breakfast Pizza is about 1.7 net carbs per slice. Our keto fathead dough recipe can also be used for many other recipes.
The calories are going to seem high, but this is for 2 pieces. So around 335 calories per slice.
Here is a tip- if you are following a strict keto diet unfortunately this tip isn't for you..... however, low carbers, you can shortcut this recipe by using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 or Low Carb Flour.
If you have never had it before it is going to have a bit of a different texture, but nothing too crazy. For sure worth try , it is easy to get use to.
More amazing keto recipes:
To be sure and never miss a recipe, follow us on Pinterest!
For the dough:
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- pinch salt & pepper
For the toppings:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 4 sausage links, cooked and diced
- 2 deli ham slices, diced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400, grease a cast iron pan.
- For the dough-
- Mix cream cheese and mozzarella together in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat additional 20 seconds until melted and mixing smoothly.
- Add beaten eggs to almond flour, mix well. Combine with the cheese mixture and work until a dough is formed.
- Push dough into cast iron skillet (like you would for a deep dish pizza). Poke holes to avoid air bubbles. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Making the pizza-
- Pour beaten eggs over the dough, top with all meats and cheeses.
- Return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until set up and golden.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces. Serving size is 2.
- Net carbs are around 3 per serving (on the high side)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 669
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!