EASY Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore , MOUTH WATERING Chicken bursting with bold Italian flavors, Peppers & Onions all from the crock pot. This chicken dish come together in minutes and is a set it and forget it kind of thing. Our crock pot chicken cacciatore is naturally keto-friendly, made with chicken thighs and approved vegetables. A truly hearty meal for the whole family.
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
If you love the traditional flavors of Italian cuisine that is packed with tomato, garlic, olive oil, and of course, oregano, then this is going to become your new favorite meal. Chicken cacciatore is a simple preparation that is traditionally served over pasta or low carb alternatives.
What is Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cacciatore is a classic Italian dish made with tomato sauce, or stewed tomatoes and vegetables like onions, green peppers and mushrooms. The word Cacciatore is Italian for "hunter". Because hunters would often braise their meat in a sauce with simple ingredients while out hunting. Think of this slow cooker chicken cacciatore recipe as the Italian version of a hearty American meat and potatoes dish.
What do I Serve with Chicken Cacciatore?
While the recipe itself has plenty of tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers, you may still feel the need to add some bulk to this recipe with sides. Thankfully, the flavors lend themselves perfectly to pairing with pasta, cauliflower rice, zoodles, or even simply a plate of roasted vegetables.
Tip: Roasted radishes are a great substitute for potatoes that are keto-friendly! They pair wonderfully with this crock pot chicken cacciatore recipe.
Are Tomatoes Keto Friendly?
While tomatoes are technically a fruit, they are still lower in carbohydrates. In fact, ½ cup of tomatoes come in around 2 ½ grams of carbohydrates. This means that you can definitely enjoy the tomatoes in this chicken cacciatore recipe. Bonus? It tastes amazing while fitting your macros!
Want More Keto Slow Cooker Recipes?
Aside from my chicken cacciatore, you'll love these great slow cooker meals. All of these are keto-friendly or have keto options!
- My slow cooker keto meatloaf is such a delicious choice for dinner. The flavors come together beautifully in this meal. The result is a meal that is a hit with everyone.
- If bite-sized is more your style, then these low carb slow cooker meatballs are a better choice. Still delicious, but easier to eat, especially for the kids.
- Slow cooker beef tips and gravy are traditionally not keto-approved, but this recipe has some options that keep you on track with your macros.
- If these aren't enough for your meal plan, make sure you check out my full list of keto slow cooker recipes. Tons of incredible ideas on here for every meal of the day.
More of our amazing Keto Dinner Recipes
- Keto Deep Dish Pizza
- Bacon Butter Roasted Veggies
- Keto Salisbury Steaks
- Keto Eggplant Lasagna with Meat Sauce
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
The full printable recipe card below. Make sure to bookmark and pin this chicken cacciatore recipe to Pinterest for the future.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray inside the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the chicken with bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes with the remaining ingredients: garlic, red wine vinegar, and oregano. Pour this mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- If crispier skin is desired on the chicken, preheat the broiler and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil spritzed with nonstick cooking spray. When the chicken is done, transfer the chicken to the baking sheet and place under the broiler for 5 to 10 minutes or until desired crispness. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Serve chicken with sauce as is or over noodles, zoodles, or mashed cauliflower.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gProtein: 29g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!