This keto slow cooker keto meatloaf is so easy and delicious that even non keto'ers will love it. Give this easy keto meatloaf recipe a try for dinner tonight and see why keto stuffed meatloaf is a huge trending recipe right now! Because this is a slow cooker meatloaf recipe it takes a bit more time, but the end result is well worth the wait. See why low carb meatloaf is all the rage.
Keto Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Slow Cooker recipes are more popular than ever. The thought of throwing a bunch of ingredients into a slow cooker, setting the temperature and forgetting about it for hours is quite attractive, especially to those short on time. This meatloaf recipe is my traditional oven keto stuffed meatloaf slightly adjusted for the slow cooker.
At first I was nervous about trying this method and thought it would be greasy. Wrong. Instead of greasy, it was juicy. Absolutely mouth watering. This is a recipe that even meatloaf haters will love. I like to make my meatloaf into individual sizes. It helps me keep my portion in check because I could eat so much meatloaf! Grab your slow cooker and let's get started!
How Is This A Low Carb Meatloaf Recipe
You will use pork rinds in replace of the crackers, oats or breadcrumbs you would normally use. That makes this a keto friendly recipe using the crushed pork rinds, since they are keto friendly. Add some cheese on top of the meatloaf, and you have a cheesy, juicy meat loaf that is a perfect crock pot recipe to serve up.
Making our Easy Keto Meatloaf Recipe
Full recipe card below
Turn your slow cooker on High.
Mix the ground beef, bacon, egg mixture, pork rinds, onion and seasonings into a bowl until well combined.
Hand shape into loaf. Place in slow cooker. Cook on High 30m. Reduce to low.
Brush with marinara, top with cheese.
Cover and cook on low until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F about 3 hours.
What Marinara Sauce Do You Use For Keto Meatloaf
For this recipe, you want to reach for a low carb marinara. You want to read the label to ensure there is no added sugar to the sauce. If you prefer you can use a straight pasta sauce if you prefer that over marinara. Either will work great.
How Will I Know Slow Cooker Meatloaf Is Done
You will need to use a meat thermometer and make sure it reads that it is 145 degrees or higher. That is a great way to gauge if the meat is fully cooked. You want to place it in the center of the meatloaf for best results.
What To Serve With Keto Stuffed Meatloaf
- Cheesy Cauliflower Mash | Mimics the style of mashed potatoes that is creamy, cheesy and such a comfort food. We make this all the time!
- Keto Fathead Rolls | If you want a bread-style option to pair next to it, try these rolls. Keto friendly, light, tender, and tasty as can be.
- Roasted Turnips |Make a GREAT potato fake out Side! Radishes are a pretty hot little potato fake out ingredient right now, but what about the turnip? Ahhhh, you forgot about those right? We had! Turnips were on sale one day and I literally looked at hubby and said "how come we never think to get turnips? I actually really like them" So .... we ended up eating them as a side with steak and they were amazing. Pair them with our easy keto meatloaf!
Best Way To Store Leftover Meatloaf
Place your leftover meatloaf in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for up to three days. Then after use your best judgment of the quality and if it is expired. You never want to eat bad food, you run the risk of getting sick.
Ways To Reheat Meatloaf
Warm up your meatloaf in the microwave, slice and eat cold on a sandwich, or toss leftovers in the oven and wrap in foil and heat it up that way. Just make sure the meatloaf is covered in the oven so it doesn't dry out as you warm it up. I turn oven to 350 degrees and heat 15 minutes or until warmed through.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf
Sure, you are welcome to freeze your leftover meatloaf. Simply slice it up or leave whole and place in an airtight container or make single servings. Then store in the fridge for up to three months. When you are ready to eat, toss in the fridge the night before to allow it to thaw. Then reheat in the oven or microwave.
Making our low carb meatloaf
- 2 lbs of ground beef, ½lb per person
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- ¾ cup Crushed Pork Rinds
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup Low Sugar Marinara
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Turn your slow cooker on High.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, egg mixture, pork rinds, onion and seasonings into a bowl until well combined.
- Hand shape into loaf. Place in slow cooker. Cook on High 30m. Reduce to low.
- Brush with marinara, top with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low until meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F about 3 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Carbohydrates: 4g
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!