Save to PINTEREST- Simply HOVER over ANY image & look for the SAVE button in the top left corner.
Keto Salisbury Steaks and Gravy is a dish you will want to make again and again. A one-pan stove top twist on a classic dish that everyone will eat! Homemade Salisbury steaks are naturally keto and low carb approved. This keto ground beef recipe is one the whole family will enjoy. Tender seasoned beef patties that are smothered in a homemade gravy that are so satisfying making this the perfect keto comfort food.
Keto Salisbury Steaks
Keto salisbury steaks in the skillet- a quick meal with a 10-minute prep and 15-minute cook time. Have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Those are the best kinds of meals for busy weeknights. And it’s a low carb Salisbury steak and gravy recipe that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating!
A Keto Ground Beef Recipe
What are salisbury steaks? Salisbury steaks are different from burger patties. Two simple ingredients chance the flavor making them unique. Worcestershire sauce and thyme. The rest of the preparation and ingredients for this keto ground beef recipe is similar to meatloaf. Once served with the gravy and optional mushrooms you get the sense that these are not your old school, cafeteria keto salisbury steaks!
Low Carb Pairings
- Cauliflower Rice | Serve as a bed of rice under your steaks and smother that gravy on top!
- Cauliflower Mash | Or whip up a batch of the mash so it is a smooth and creamy side to help lather up that gravy on your plate.
- Veggies | I love making some roasted or steamed vegetables to pair next to the steaks and gravy.
- Mashed Potatoes | If you are not on a low carb diet or keto, whip up a batch of regular mashed potatoes!
More Keto Beef Recipes
- Keto Taco Pie | This taco pie is a great alternative to your taco Tuesday. A keto-approved recipe that is full of incredible flavor.
- Pan-Seared Steak and Au Jus | Juicy, tender, and a tasty au jus that will bring this dish to a complete. Serve this up and watch your family beg for it over and over again.
- Sloppy Joe Inspired Burgers | These burgers are not like any other you have had. Whip these up and enjoy the incredible flavor in every single bite.
What Type Of Gravy Do You Use For Homemade Salisbury Steaks
For this recipe, we use traditional beef mushroom gravy. The combination stays true to the classic homemade salisbury steaks recipe. The flavors work really nicely with the beef, and was hearty while still fitting the low carb lifestyle. The gravy is what we call a “pan gravy” A pan gravy is one made in the same skillet as the meat was cooked. It gives all the flavor from cooking and little bits of seasonings, etc. right into the gravy.
How to Store Leftovers
Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days. I recommend using your best judgment in terms of if the steak and gravy have gone bad. When in doubt, toss it out.
Can I Double This Recipe For Salisbury Steaks
Yes! You can double or even triple this recipe. Make as much or as little as you would like. Just find a pan large enough or batch cook your recipe. Then enjoy. This recipe turns out great every time. Great for serving your family or even a crowd.
Be sure to LIKE or FOLLOW us on Facebook, just click the Simple Keto Recipes Image Below.
Try LAKANTO Sweeteners & Products
- 2lbs ground chuck
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Thyme or Parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chuck, eggs, dry seasonings, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a patty.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil, add the salisbury steaks, cooking in two batches if needed. Patties will shrink.
Brown the patties well on one side, about 5 minutes, before flipping. Continue cooking until cooked through. Remove patties to paper toweling and keep warm.
Remove the grease, but don't clean the pan.
Add the mushrooms and the beef broth with the Xanthan Gum to the skillet, scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any cooked on pieces. Bring to a simmer and cook until the mushrooms are softened.
Remove from heat, Stir in sour cream.
Return the patties to the skillet and turn in the gravy to coat.
Serve over mashed cauliflower or riced cauliflower to keep carbs low.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381 Total Fat: 26g Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g