Save to PINTEREST- Simply HOVER over ANY image & look for the SAVE button in the top left corner.
Keto taco pie is one savory casserole that gives you that Tex-Mex feels in every bite. This Taco pie recipe is one of our favorite Taco Tuesday dishes in our home. Give this low carb Mexican recipe a try.
Keto Taco Pie
I am always looking for recipes that make mealtime easy. This low carb taco casserole is great for your busy weekdays where you don’t have a ton of time to prep dinner. Whip this recipe up in a hurry, for your family. While it bakes in the oven you can tackle chores or help kids with school work.
Are There Eggs In This Taco Pie Recipe
Yes, the eggs are going to act as what helps holds this casserole together as it bakes up. The eggs also offer a nice fluffy texture, without being overpowering in flavor. Trust me, this recipe works really well together in terms of flavor.
What Makes This Keto Taco Casserole Special
- Easy | Super simple to whip up, and prep. Throw it together in a hurry and bake up in the oven.
- Simple Ingredients | You might have all these ingredients on hand, and nothing crazy is needed for this recipe.
- Low Carb | Low carb and keto-friendly. If you are on the keto diet you know it can be hard finding new recipes to throw into your meal planning. This is a fantastic recipe.
- Family-Friendly | A kid-friendly recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
Can You Freeze Taco Casserole
Of course. Just allow it to cool down after it has cooked, and then place in a freezer friendly bag or airtight container. Then store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge the night before you plan to eat it. Then reheat it in the microwave or oven. Top with your favorite toppings.
Can I Swap The Ground Beef For Ground Turkey in Keto Recipe
Yes. You can use ground turkey if you prefer. Just cook up accordingly, and then prepare and pour into your dish. The turkey flavors well with the taco seasoning and you probably won’t even notice a change in the meat. It truly is an easy weeknight dinner the whole family can enjoy.
What Is The Serving Size For This Easy Taco Pie Casserole
There are 8 servings in this recipe. So if you are aiming to stick to your low carb or keto diet, make sure you follow the serving size.
Can I Double This Taco Recipe
Yes, you can. Just reach for a larger baking dish or casserole dish to pour the mixture into it. If you plan to serve a crowd this is a fantastic recipe to whip up to feed the crowd. An easy dinner idea that everyone can enjoy.
What Are Your Favorite Taco Casserole Toppings
- Sour Cream or Greek Plain Yogurt
- Salsa or Pico De Gallo
- Fresh avocado or guacamole
You can add on all your favorite taco toppings to your casserole. What I love about this recipe is you allow everyone to dress their own slice so it fits their exact needs and wants.
Craving More Taco Recipes, Here are Some Fantastic Recipes To Try
- Taco Zucchini Bites | Bite size slices of zucchini topped with all that taco flavor. Great as an appetizer or meal for your dinner.
- Keto Taco Faux-Tato Salad | This side dish is a fantastic recipe to whip up. I really hope you enjoy this tato salad faux recipe.
- Chili Lime Chicken & Rice Cups | These rice cups are full of flavor and incredible. I love the chili lime chicken paired with the rice cups.
- 20 Minute Recipe
If you are looking for a new way to serve your family, give this taco dish a try.
Be sure to LIKE or FOLLOW us on Facebook, just click the Simple Keto Recipes Image Below.
DON’T MISS THESE RECIPES!
Try LAKANTO Sweeteners & Products
Making this delicious Low Carb Mexican Recipe
- 1 ½ pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c heavy cream or almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepperjack or monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz a 9 inch round dish or pan with
nonstick cooking spray.
- In the pan after you cook and drain the ground beef, stir together the meat, garlic, salsa and taco seasoning. Spread the beef mixture evenly in the baking dish.
Whisk together the eggs and almond milk. Slowly pour over the beef mixture.
Top casserole with cheeses
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set. Allow the casserole to rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with taco toppings like black olives, salsa, jalapenos, sour cream, etc.
Serving Size:1/8 of pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374 Total Fat: 26g Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g