Keto Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, are crunchy cheese wrapped around chili and hot dogs for that classic Chili Dog Flavor WITH almost ZERO CARBS. A guilt free comfort food snack or make it a meal by adding veggies.
Cheese Wrapped Chili Hot Dogs
Ok, I know what you are thinking. These look so good, but how can they be GOOD for us? Firstly, Keto is very low carb. Therefore, the reduction of carbs conditions the body to run off fat instead. Ultimately, cheese wrapped chili dog provides the fat needed to help that. Now, I am not saying the fat in hot dogs or cheese is healthy, so if you watch saturated fat be cautious and eat in moderation.
Are Hot Dogs Keto?
Yes! Almost all hot dog brands are keto approved. However, We suggest checking the nutrition facts label to pick the one with least added sugar. Additionally, Choosing an all natural, nitrate free hot dog is our recommendation. As I quickly mentioned in the paragraph above, hot dogs can have a lot of saturated fat so just watch for that. Enjoying a keto chili dog now and again is personally a life necessity.
Making the Recipe
Making this recipe is easy. Find the ingredients for chili cheese dogs at most local grocery stores. If you are not a fan of canned chili (which I am not at all) our Keto Chili is perfect. Find it here . To make the cheese wraps simply place piles of cheese on a sheet pan and bake. Thereafter, when the cheese is pliable, the hot dogs and chili are wrapped and set aside to cool.
More Great Keto Recipes
- Be sure to try our chili cheese dog casserole if you want an easy way to get these same flavors in a large dish.
- Classic Dill Pickle Chicken Salad salad tastes amazing, especially when using this same melted cheese process to wrap.
- Our Air Fryer "hard boiled" Eggs go really well with this recipe and are a great way to cook a lot at one time.
- 6 Beef hot dogs regular size not bun length
- 1 ½ C. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Can Chili hot dog sauce, or use our homemade keto chili recipe linked above.
- Green onions or chopped white onions for garnish
- Boil or grill the hot dogs until they are done to your liking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the cheddar cheese into 6 circles on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, Be sure to leave some space between each cheese circle.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Remove, and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Carefully place a hot dog and some of the chili sauce down the center of each cheese circle.
- Quickly but carefully wrap the cheese up and around the filling.
- Let the rollups sit until cooled so that the cheese can crisp up on the outside.
- Serve garnished with green onion or chopped white onion or dip in sour cream.
The longer the cheese cools the more it will hold together. Once it is cooled completely it will crisp up. Take caution, the hot dog and chili will still be hot inside.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 980mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 20g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
We suggest eating these keto hot dogs when prepared. I have tried them leftover and they just were not good. They aren't easy to reheat as the cheese will melt.
You can reduce what I call the negative nutrition (sat. fat, cholesterol, calories) by grating your own high quality cheddar, making the chili homemade and choosing an all natural all beef or chicken hot dog. I personally like to add less chili and then replace with shredded lettuce.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!