A Keto Chili Dog Casserole is a perfect recipe that everyone in the family enjoys! Loaded with flavorful chili and a base of your go-to hot dogs, this is a meal that screams comfort food. A hot dog casserole is always a hit with kids. Our low carb chili dog recipe will be a favorite for the keto following adults at your table.
Keto Chili Dog Casserole
One thing I see all the time in keto groups is parents who think their kids won't eat keto meals. The thing is, your kids' can and will eat the same things you do. Chances are though, you still want something that feels a bit more "normal" to them. This chili dog casserole is the solution you've been looking for to add to your menu!
Can I eat Hot Dog Chili on Keto?
Absolutely! Hot dog chili is usually a fine ground beef that contains no beans, making it perfect for the keto. The only thing to check for is sugar. Some hot dog chili brands may contain more than others.
What can I substitute for Beans in Keto Chili?
Canned diced tomato are a common substitute for beans in keto chili. The provide some bulk and chunk to the keto chili. Some readers like to add pearl onions, mushrooms or large diced green peppers. Though none of these taste like beans, they do add some heft to the dish.
What are the Best Hot Dogs on Keto?
This is another keto question that is up to the individual. You'll typically want to avoid turkey or low-fat hot dogs. However, there aren't a lot of limitations on which you should use.
As long as they don't have added sugars, mix things up with not just beef hot dogs- but things like cheddar sausages, bratwurst, or even a polish sausage.
Note: Always check the ingredients lists for hidden sugars. You'd be surprised at how many things you eat actually do include extra sugar for flavor
What do I Serve with a Hot Dog Casserole?
The term casserole typically tells me it is an all-in-one meal, but you can still add in a side. A salad would lighten things right up. Both fit well with this chili and hot dog casserole.
Instead of sides- add toppings like fat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, black olive slices, or diced onions. These are all great for topping your keto chili dog casserole for added texture, flavor, and fats.
For those who want a bun, you can look for low-carb tortillas or specialty low-carb buns at your local grocer.
Need More Kid-Friendly Keto Meals?
I love giving you options that fit the whole family. Keto and low-carb doesn't have to restrict your menu. It also doesn't have to mean you make multiple meals each day. Below are some great kid and family-friendly options that stay true to the keto and low-carb macro requirements.
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatballs - are an excellent choice by themselves or with a side like veggies and cauliflower rice.
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy really satisfy my need for that comfort food meal on our menu.
- My Chicken Fajita Casserole is always gobbled up by everyone at our table. It has tons of flavor, and all that melty cheese is a hit with kids of all ages.
How to Make Keto Chili Dog Casserole
Grab the full printable recipe below and make sure you bookmark this recipe. Then Pin it to your favorites board before you go!
Use the ingredients listed in the recipe below
OR for this chili dog recipe, choose to make our keto chili recipe instead found here Easy Keto Chili.
More Amazing Keto Casserole Recipes
- Keto Reuben Casserole
- Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Keto Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Kid Friendly Keto Casserole - a delicious mix of bacon and cheese!
Keto Chili Dog Casserole Recipe
My Keto Chili Dog Casserole recipe is going to become a favorite on your meal plan. Easy to make homemade chili adds a punch of flavor making this a new family favorite!
- 1 pound ground chuck, cooked and drained well
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 low carb tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked beef with tomatoes, water, and dry seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll each hot dog in a low carb tortilla. Place on the sauce with the seam-side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over the hotdogs. Top casserole with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve with hotdog toppings like pickles, mustard, onion, sauerkraut, etc.
PLEASE NOTE- Carb count will vary depending on which LOW CARB or KETO tortillas/ wraps you decide to use. Skip them all together and use cauliflower rice to minimize carbs or make a completely different dish!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 782mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Keto Chili Dog Casserole”
This was amazing I will make it again no doubt thank for this recipe
this has become a staple in my house. So stinkin good. only thing we do different is cut up the hotdogs and mix them in! my husband says 10 stars!! ❤️
WOAH cut it out now , this recipe is by far the best most hearty comfort food we have had on the keto diet. I did use your keto chili recipe, it was excellent. I think we have made this 4 times so I had to come comment I don't usually. Great job here.
This has made my day I am so glad to hear that, thank you so much for letting us know!