Save to PINTEREST- Simply HOVER over ANY image & look for the SAVE button in the top left corner.
A Keto Chili Dog Casserole is a perfect recipe that everyone in the family enjoys! Loaded with flavorful chili and a base of your go-to hot dogs, this is a meal that screams comfort food. A hot dog casserole is always a hit with kids and this low carb chili dog recipe will be a favorite for the keto following adults at your table.
Keto Chili Dog Casserole
One question I see all the time in keto groups is parents wondering what they will feed their kids if they follow the keto diet. The thing is, your kids’ can and will eat the same things you do. Chances are though, you still want something that feels a bit more “normal” to them. This chili dog casserole is the solution you’ve been looking for to add to your menu!
This is such an easy meal to whip up, you’ll also love that it is a great busy weeknight dinner solution. Only a few ingredients are needed, and I love how easy it is to customize to fit everyone in the family without cooking a separate meal.
Can I Use Canned Chili for This Hot Dog Casserole?
In a nutshell, if you want to stay true to keto and low-carb, you’ll need to make your own chili. Even the no bean options available in the canned food aisle of your grocery are loaded with added sugars and carbohydrates. This chili dog recipe is super easy to make, so you won’t even worry about the added time in the kitchen. It’s ideal for a fast meal, just like a can of chili would have been.
What are the Best Hot Dogs on Keto?
This is another keto question that is up to the individual. You’ll typically want to avoid turkey or low-fat hot dogs as you are looking to satisfy your macros with full-fat options. However, there aren’t a lot of limitations on which you should use.
As long as they don’t have added sugars, you may want to mix things up with not just beef hot dogs, but things like cheddar sausages, bratwurst, or even a polish sausage.
Note: Always check the ingredients lists for hidden sugars. You’d be surprised at how many things you eat actually do include extra sugar for flavor
What do I Serve with a Hot Dog Casserole?
The term casserole typically tells me it is an all-in-one meal, but that doesn’t mean you have to skip adding in a side to this meal. My go-to sides are almost always going to be something like a nice side-salad with full-fat ranch or broccoli with a bit of cheese. Both fit well with this chili and hot dog casserole.
Other things you might consider would be to have on hand some full-fat sour cream, extra shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, black olive slices, or diced onions. These are all great for topping your keto chili dog casserole for added texture, flavor, and fats.
For those who want a bun, you can look for low-carb tortillas or specialty low-carb buns at your local grocer.
Need More Kid-Friendly Keto Meals?
I love giving you options that fit the whole family. Keto and low-carb doesn’t have to restrict your menu. It also doesn’t have to mean you make multiple meals each day. Below are some great kid and family-friendly options that stay true to the keto and low-carb macro requirements.
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatballs are an excellent choice by themselves but are great with a side of your favorite veggie and some cauliflower rice.
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips and Gravy really satisfy my need for that comfort food meal on our menu. It’s a great option for keto diets but it is also simple to serve up with sides your kids may be looking for like a potato or even macaroni and cheese.
- My Chicken Fajita Casserole is always gobbled up by everyone at our table. It has tons of flavor, and all that melty cheese is a hit with kids of all ages.
How to Make Keto Chili Dog Casserole
Grab the full printable recipe below, but make sure you bookmark this recipe and Pin it to your favorites board before you go!
Use the ingredients listed in the recipe below OR choose to make our keto chili recipe instead found here Easy Keto Chili
Be sure to LIKE or FOLLOW us on Facebook, just click the Simple Keto Recipes Image Below.
Try LAKANTO Sweeteners & Products
- 1 pound ground chuck, cooked and drained well
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 low carb tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spritz a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked beef with tomatoes, water, and dry seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll each hot dog in a low carb tortilla. Place on the sauce with the seam-side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over the hotdogs. Top casserole with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve with hotdog toppings like pickles, mustard, onion, sauerkraut, etc.
PLEASE NOTE- Carb count will vary depending on which LOW CARB or KETO tortillas/ wraps you decide to use. Skip them all together and use cauliflower rice to minimize carbs or make a completely different dish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 782mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 32g