Cheesy bacon Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is an incredible keto side dish recipe or main dish. A broccoli cauliflower casserole that makes veggies taste incredible. A kid-friendly vegetable side dish that will leave them asking for one more scoop.
Broccoli bacon casserole is loaded with flavor. Cauliflower and broccoli pair nicely, and this is topped with tons of melted cheese. The salty bacon helps bring this creamy bacon broccoli casserole to a fold.
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Casseroles are always welcome in our home. Quick to throw together for an easy and quick side dish or main dish. Either route this recipe is incredible. If you are looking for something lighter, give this recipe a try. Or pair with your favorite main dish for an incredible side for dinner.
Do You Use Fresh Or Frozen Vegetables for This Bacon Broccoli Bake
I used fresh broccoli and cauliflower that I steamed until fork tender for this bacon broccoli casserole. But, if you have frozen on hand you can use that instead. Just allow it to thaw and then prep and cook. It won’t need to be steamed since it is pre-cooked already.
We prefer fresh vegetables but feel free to use what you have on hand for this keto casserole. I mean you can’t go wrong with broccoli florets, cauliflower, and of course cheese and bacon.
Can You Add Meat to The Broccoli Bake
Sure. If you wanted to add meat you are welcome to. I would add in cooked shredded or chopped chicken, ground beef, or even cut turkey or shredded. It will pair nicely with this casserole dish.
What Is The Sauce In This Keto Casserole
It is a mix of sour cream, heavy cream and spices, and seasonings. Plus you add in sharp cheddar cheese and Colby jack for a creamy broccoli and cauliflower casserole.
Craving More Side Dish Recipes
How To Store Leftover Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Casserole
Simply allow your casserole to cool down. Then cover and place in the fridge. This casserole will store in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just use your best judgment on when to toss out any leftovers you maybe have passed expiration.
Can You Freeze This Creamy Broccoli Casserole
Unfortunately, this casserole won’t thaw the greatest. Because of the heavy cream, you might find that after you go to thaw the frozen casserole the heavy cream will offer a curdled texture.
Is This Cauliflower Broccoli Casserole Gluten Free
Yes. All ingredients used are gluten-free. There is no flour or anything used in this casserole. A low carb, ketogenic diet recipe, that taste like a guilty pleasure.
Can I Half The Recipe For Casserole
Sure. You are welcome to half the recipe if you don’t want to make as much. Or you can even double the recipe to make a larger batch for a crowd. This is a tasty option for any occasion. Whether a weeknight meal or holiday gathering.
Check out even more recipes that have Broccoli as the star of the dish
Keto Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is also one of those amazing keto recipes for kids!
Other Keto Recipes for Kids
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut to florets and steamed almost fork tender
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut to florets and steamed almost fork tender
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese- 1/2 of an 8oz block
- 4 oz shredded colby jack cheese- 1/2 of an 8oz block.
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp mustard, any kind
- 1 tsp garlic , fresh or powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, heavy whipping cream, cheeses and seasonings, stir to combine.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, half of the chopped bacon and half of the green onions. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon, green onions and more cheese (if desired).
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, removing the foil for the last 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306 Total Fat: 28g Carbohydrates: 6.6g Net Carbohydrates: 4.7g Fiber: 1.9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g