Broccoli cheddar soup is a quick, creamy dish that will warm you up on those cold winter days! This easy stove top method can be whipped up in minutes.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Perfect Comfort Food
The cold weather will be upon us before we know it, make sure you have this easy recipe on hand! My recipe for broccoli cheddar soup can be made right on the stove top in about 15-20 minutes. I use to make it in the slow cooker because of course it was easy to throw all the ingredients right in and leave it.
One afternoon in the middle of winter hubby came in covered in snow, ice in his beard- after 3 hours of snow removal and was starving. He needed something hearty that would warm him up quick. There was no time for a slow cooker.
After a little chopping and mixing, he was enjoying a hot, creamy soup that was satisfying.
Here is how to make it:
(Full printable recipe below)
Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
Add carrots and onion. Season with salt & pepper.
Sweat them out for about 2-3 minutes.
Add chopped broccoli and flour. Stir to combine evenly.
Slowly pour in cream and milk, mix. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
Stir in cheddar cheese. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serve topped with cheddar cheese!
Another great comfort food recipe-
Try our Broccoli Cheddar Shells
Do you have a favorite comfort food that your family just can not do without? Whether a soup, casserole or unique mac and cheese, we want to hear about it! Comment below to let us know.
More Amazing Broccoli Recipes
- Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- Broccoli Cheese Low Carb Cornbread
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Shells & Cheese
- Easy Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onion. Season with salt & pepper.
- Sweat them out for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add roughly chopped broccoli and flour. Stir to combine evenly.
- Slowly pour in cream and milk, mix. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Stir in finely chopped broccoli. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese!
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!