This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
Keto Best Friends Casserole is one of those keto make ahead meals that is perfect for meal prep, intentional leftovers, pot lucks or school functions. You can guarantee anyone who eats this dish will enjoy it. The ingredients just happen to naturally make it keto, nothing special going on here, just an easy keto dinner idea! Adapted from a traditional loaded keto cauliflower casserole recipe.
Cheesy Bacon Keto Cauliflower Casserole
AKA Keto Best Friends Casserole
Keto cauliflower casserole, keto chicken casserole, loaded cauliflower casserole- so many names! We like to call this dish Keto Best Friends Casserole, because well… there is a story behind it. I know, of course there is. You all love stories so much, admit it. No really though, so when we first started keto it was so confusing. There was no way I was making it through calculating all those macros and figuring out what can and can not be eaten. All we were looking for was easy keto dinner ideas.
Enter The Best Friend
Without my best friend there is no way I would have stuck to keto. As most of you can probably relate, it can be hard to stay on track and come up with new dishes to make. Especially if you have a family to feed, so we set out to create dishes that are family friendly. Like this keto cauliflower casserole which is void of any weird, special or unusual ingredients to make it approved. This is the first dish her and I made together and were SHOCKED that both of our families chowed it down. It became a joke that it was our signature dish and thus we dubbed the keto cauliflower casserole Keto Best Friends Casserole. After all, bacon cheddar and chicken are best friends just like us!
Keto Make Ahead Meals
Keto Meal Prep idea- to turn this recipe into an easy keto meal prep dish you can do a few different things:
- Bake the casserole in individual sized dishes to control serving size. Wrap when cooled and store in the refrigerator.
- Bake the casserole as is in the 13×9 pan, when cooled, scoop into plastic containers, label and refrigerate.
- Prepare the casserole as stated below, do not bake, simply wrap tightly and freeze until ready to bake. The casserole is ready to go from the freezer when you want it. Bake as directed below.
Making our Keto Best Friends Casserole
- 1 lb. Shredded chicken, pre cooked
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, we used frozen bags
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. Cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ c Bacon crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green Onion, chopped
Instructions for keto cauliflower casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over low heat, add 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and ⅓ cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir until the cream cheese is mostly melted.
- Add in the Mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of the cheddar cheese (reserving some cheddar for the top) Stir until the cheese is smooth and melted.
- Whisk in the ranch seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Add shredded chicken and cauliflower rice to a 13×9 baking dish. Mix.
- Pour cheese sauce over everything, mix.
- Top with bacon crumbles and more shredded cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and the top is golden.
Pin Me For Later!
You May Also Like this Easy Keto Dinner
A super easy instant pot recipe that utilizes pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and takes under 20 minutes start to finish!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 364 Carbohydrates: 3g