This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
Our low carb chocolate truffles are a decadent treat sure to satisfy any craving. Great for holidays, parties and pot lucks!
Low Carb Chocolate Truffles
About 1 NET CARB Per truffle!
The holidays are fast approaching and if you are like me, you may be nervous about being around all that food! Last year during the holidays I was freaking out. Worried that I was going to be overwhelmed and too tempted to say no to all those yummy treats hanging around. I set out (like I always do) to create low carb versions that I could enjoy. I also wanted to simplify my own cooking so as to not make two different versions of each recipe I started creating ones that the whole family would love. I totally have my husband fooled on these low carb chocolate truffles. He has no idea that they are sugar free.
Let’s talk chocolate
When eating low carb you don’t have to give up chocolate. It just becomes a matter of what kind can I have? When choosing chocolate opt for a high percent cacao. The higher the percentage, the less processing and added sugar. Another option is to choose a sugar free, naturally sweetened chocolate like Lily’s brand. That is our number one go to. Lily’s is sweetened with Stevia and has (in my opinion) no bitter aftertaste or funky burning sensation. You can find Lily’s online easily at shops like Netrition or even Amazon. For a quick tip on how to melt chocolate visit my post here melting chocolate.
Making our low carb chocolate truffles
For the cookies
- 2 Eggs
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 drops liquid stevia
- ½ cup Swerve or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the truffles
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 bag Lily's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- sugar free sprinkles, optional
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Using an electric mixer - Cream butter and sweeteners until fluffy. Add eggs & Vanilla. Beat again until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until cookie dough forms.
- Spread dough out onto a cookie sheet, about 1/2" thick.
- Bake for 15 mins or until set up and starting to get firm/crunchy.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY.
- Once the cookie is cooled completely crumble it using hands or food processor.
- Add cookie mixture to a bowl with softened cream cheese and mix until fully combined. Mixture should be able to be handled and stick together.
- Roll truffles into individual balls (about 11/2") Set on cookie sheet. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds at a time, mixing each time until completely melted.
- Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate has re-hardened.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 81
Add some pizazz to your truffles! Make your own sugar free sprinkles with this tutorial from Sprinkle Some Fun
More of our yummy low carb recipes
NOTE: nutrition facts DO NOT include the chocolate coating. The recipe analyzer would not recognize the Lily’s chocolate. Use an app like MyFitnessPal or such to figure the full nutrition information.