Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake is an easy dessert that combines two of my favorite things- Cheesecake and peanut butter. This easy instant pot cheesecake version of our famous keto cheesecake recipe will have you enjoying this creamy treat in no time. Low Carb cheesecake is full of traditional flavor but without all the sugar, a guilt free indulgence.
Don't have an instant pot? That's ok! Check out our optional NO BAKE instructions below. Only the crust gets pre-baked. The rest is easy as....
Low Carb Cheesecake
Cheesecake is probably the most popular option for dessert on the keto diet. Why? Because it is so easy to adapt with sugar substitutes to be keto-friendly. As cream cheese is high in fat content, it fits easily into the higher fat keto diet and lifestyle.
If you like something more than a plain cheesecake, you are in luck with my keto peanut butter cheesecake recipe. It's easier than ever to make and has just enough peanut butter to be delicious without being too much.
What is the Best Safe Way to Soften Cream Cheese?
Cream cheese blends together better with the other ingredients when it has come to room temperature and softened some. When it is fresh from the refrigerator, you will have too many lumps and the texture of your cheesecake just won't be as good.
There are two options for softening cream cheese for your low carb peanut butter cheesecake.
- Place cream cheese on the counter for 30-minutes before you need to use it. This allows it to reach room temperature and begin to soften.
- Unwrap the cream cheese and place it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium heat setting of your microwave for 15-20 seconds.
Note: The FDA food safety guide states that cream cheese should not be left out of the refrigerator for more than 2 hours. Any longer would render it unsafe to consume.
What is the Best Keto Sweetener for this Keto Cheesecake Recipe?
Everyone has different preferences in regards to sugar-substitutes. The most common low-carb friendly options are Swerve and Lakanto monkfruit for baking and daily use. I find that monkfruit has less of an aftertaste and no cooling sensation, and for my personal use, it is better in baked items like this low carb peanut butter cheesecake recipe.
I recommend you make a small batch of something using the different types before creating an entire cheesecake. That way you will know which you prefer and won't end up with a cheesecake you don't enjoy as much.
Can I Add Chocolate to This Instant Pot Cheesecake?
It's hard to imagine peanut butter without chocolate. If you are craving that combination, then a great solution is to add ⅓ cup cocoa powder to this recipe. You could alternately use sugar-free dark chocolate shavings on top, or blend in a few sugar-free chocolate chips.
Want More Low-Carb Desserts?
Keto peanut butter cheesecake is just one of the amazing dessert options you can enjoy on a keto or low-carb diet. Below are a few of the favorites that I hope you will enjoy.
- Keto Chocolate Cake with a rich creamy icing is the ultimate in comfort dessert when on a keto diet. You'll love the simple ingredients and amazing results.
- Alternatively, you may prefer this easy Keto Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting for a different combination that blends perfectly together.
- A basic Keto Cookies and Cream Cheesecake is another classic combination of flavors that I love and always seem to disappear fast in our house.
- Last but not least, my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs are always a hit and must to have on hand.
How to Make a Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Full printable recipe card below.
Gather all your ingredients
Combine instant pot cheesecake crust ingredients, prepare as directed in the recipe card below. Pre-bake for 10 mins. Set aside to cool
Prepare cheesecake base, taking care to mix well to eliminate any lumps. Making sure to start with really softened, room temperature cream cheese will help avoid this. Pour into pan, onto crust.
Cook in the instant pot as directed in the recipe card below, cool completely. Top with drizzled, melted sugar free chocolate if desired.
Cut and serve!
The NO BAKE cheesecake version:
- Prepare filling as directed below, but WITHOUT EGGS. There are NO eggs in the NO BAKE version.
- Add ¾ tablespoon of Xanthan Gum or Unflavored Gelatin to 1 cup boiling hot water. MIX WELL until dissolved.
- Slowly pour the water into the cheesecake mixture while mixing with electric mixer.
- Continue to mix until fully combined.
- Pour into spring form pan, allow to chill at least 5 hours. Overnight is best.
- For the crust
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon monkfruit sweetener
- For the cheesecake
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅔ cup monkfruit sweetener (or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 7.5 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the butter, almond flour, and monkfruit sweetener for the crust. Press into the springform pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together the cream cheese, monkfruit sweetener, and peanut butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and spread evenly.
- To cook in an electric pressure cooker: Cover the springform pan with aluminum foil to avoid water dripping onto the cheesecake. Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Program for manual or “pressure cook” for 20 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the electric pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure until the pressure pin drops. Remove the lid and allow the cheesecake to continue cooling inside the pressure cooker for 20 minutes before removing. Replace the aluminum foil with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- To bake in the oven, bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Allow the cheesecake to cool for another hour. Then, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
8. Serve drizzled with melted sugar free chocolate, diced sugar free peanut butter cups, or chopped peanuts.
See text above this recipe carb for super easy optional NO BAKE recipe version!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 3gProtein: 11g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!