No time for the traditional baklava recipe or maybe you want a small batch? This Easy Baklava Recipe is perfect for that!
Easy Baklava Recipe- 15 Minute Bites
Right off the bat I will let you know I use "phyllo" (filo dough) in this post. It is just how I was brought up. That is what my Greek family refers to it as.
Quick and Easy are probably two words you would never expect to see in the same sentence as Baklava, but believe me.... this is easy. I am Greek and grew up enjoying the sweet, gooey treat. It was always on a special occasion, which of course was not often enough for me. I absolutely love baklava. So I had to try and create my own quick version that would satisfy my craving without being a big huge process.
If you are not familiar with Baklava, it is a nutty, sweet pastry that traditionally contains honey, walnuts and phyllo dough. The process involves layering the nutty mixture between sheets of butter brushed phyllo sheets, which can take time. As much as I love traditional "real" baklava, I do not always have time to make it. Which, is why it was always a special occasion treat. Not anymore!
Here is what to do:
Grab a box of Athens brand Mini Phyllo Shells . Yes, shells!! Already to go, no need to layer sheets of phyllo. Plus, these cute little guys make serving a cinch. They are the perfect bite size for parties.
NOTE* At this particular time I did not have the cups , but I had sheets of phyllo dough. ALSO- you will most likely have nut mixture left over.
More Amazing Dessert Recipes
Making our Easy Baklava Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts or almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 Boxes of Mini Phyllo Shells, cut the recipe in half if using one box, there will be some left over
- Preheat the over to 350
- Place your phyllo cups on a cookie sheet or in a muffin tin. Brush with half the butter.
- In a small bowl, mix nuts, cinnamon, sugar and remaining butter together.
- Fill phyllo cups.
- Drizzle with a small amount of honey, set remaining honey aside.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Pour a generous amount of honey into each cup slowly. Let the honey seep down into the nuts.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!