Do your kids love the Minions? Keep them busy and get them excited for back to school with this fun and easy Minions craft! A desktop school supplies storage pot.
Minions Craft- Desktop School Supply Storage
Here is how to make our Minion Craft-
Desktop School Supply Storage:
- One medium sized terra cotta flower pot and saucer
- 1 mason jar ring
- 1 bottle of Minion yellow paint
- 1 bottle of Minion blue paint
- 1 bottle each of white, black and brown paint. You can also use a black and brown marker.
- 1 medium paintbrush for painting the flower pot and saucer
- 1 small paintbrush for painting the eye
- ¼ “ black grosgrain ribbon
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint your flower pot with the yellow paint. You may need to do 2-3 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats.
- Paint your saucer with the blue paint. You may need to do 2-3 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats.
- Place your mason jar ring with the top against the flower pot. This is where the eye will be. Use a pencil to mark the circle of the eye, using the ring as a guide.
- Pain the eye circle white. Do at least 2 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats. This is super important. If you don’t, the brown and black will run into the white.
- Using a pencil, make a circle, about the size of a half dollar, in the middle of the white part of the eye. This will be painted brown. You can also use a brown marker instead of paint.
- Repeat step five, but inside the brown circle. This will be painted black. You can also use a black marker instead of the paint.
- Glue the black ribbon around the bottom of the top part of the flower pot. The ends will be glued just inside where the mason jar ring will go.
- Glue the mason jar ring onto the flower pot.
Now you are ready to fill your Minion Craft with school supplies for your kiddo’s desk! I personally would even put this on my work desk.