These adorable melting snowman cupcakes are an easy holiday treat that the kids will have fun making.
Melting Snowman Cupcakes
Before I started blogging I spent a lot of time as a teacher in a pre-k room at a day care center. I absolutely loved making crafts with the kids and fun food treats like these melting snowman cupcakes. We had a cute little kitchen that was set up perfectly for the kids to help. I use to make these with my daughters all the time.
They are so simple!
Our melting snowmen start with simply baking cupcakes. Then from there a little frosting, some marshmallows and a bit of food gel finishes them off. Let the kids decorate their own snowman faces, add sprinkles and position the pretzel arms any way they wish. You can even teach them how to pipe the frosting on with a bag.
Making our melting snowman cupcakes
- 6 cupcakes
- 12 pretzel sticks
- white frosting
- orange and black decorating frosting
- 6 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- - Line a 6 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- - Prepare the cake mix according to directions. Pour into the cupcake pan.
- - Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- - Let cool.
- - Pipe the white frosting onto the cupcakes.
- - On a large marshmallow, use the black frosting to pipe two dots for eyes. Use the orange frosting to pipe a "carrot nose".
- - Place the marshmallow on top of the frosted cupcake.
- - Stick 2 pretzel sticks on either side of the marshamallow head for arms.
- - Use the black decorating frosting to add three black dots below the marshmallow head for buttons.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280
How about a fun snowman activity to go with your cupcakes?