Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Nuggets- an EASY keto chicken nuggets recipe for any day! Like the keto jalapeno popper chicken, these nuggets combine cheese and ranch flavoring with BACON and jalapeno for a little spice. Don't like JALAPENO? Leave them OUT. Simple! Need A Game Day Appetizer? All your guests will love these low carb chicken nuggets even if they are not a low-carber.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Nuggets
One of the most popular recipes trending all over the internet is jalapeno popper chicken. Have you seen it? The recipe that uses a large chicken breast, either butterflied or with a pocket cut into it. The chicken is then stuffed with all of the amazing flavors from a jalapeno popper, usually including bacon. Well, we have created this super easy keto chicken nuggets recipe mimicked after that chicken.
Don't like Jalapenos? That is OK! Leave them out. There is no other changes to make. With the ease of throwing everything into the food processor, these low carb chicken nuggets are quicker than making the full chicken breast. They store really well so make the perfect meal prep addition also!
Keto Meal Prep Recipe Idea
Oh yes, you will want to add these keto chicken nuggets to your keto meal prep recipe ideas list for sure. The recipe makes about 24 nuggets which is 6 servings of 4. Eat a serving on the day you make them and then what is left could potential be a lunch for each day of the week to come!
Storing Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
Storing the low carb chicken nuggets is simple and requires nothing special other than the typical ziplock sealed bag or air tight container. In the refrigerator for about a week (they will probably last longer, but we haven't tested it and I don't like how things taste our of the fridge that long). OR place the cooked nuggets in an air tight container in the freezer for a month.
Reheating The Chicken Nuggets
Reheating the frozen chicken nuggets is similar to what you would do when buying them frozen from the store. Preheat the oven to 425. Spray or oil a sheet pan (this helps them crisp up again). Place in a single layer on the pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Making our Keto Chicken Nuggets
FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD BELOW
Here is a quick look at how to make this easy game day appetizer recipe, dinner idea or just serve as a snack. The kids love them and as we keep mentioning, ditch the jalapenos if you don't want them.
Start by throwing everything into the food processor
Pulse the food processor to get everything finely chopped and combined
Scoop, place in the coating, set on pan and shape into a nugget
Bake, flip half way through, get all crispy and serve with ranch!
More Easy Keto Recipes
- Keto Chicken Tenderloins - crunchy , fully white meat tenders
- Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"- this recipe is ready in no time, optional stove top version
- Keto No Bake Cookies- our most popular recipe on the internet, ready in 5 minutes, microwave version
- For the nuggets
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, it is best to start with VERY cold
- ½ pound bacon, cooked crunchy
- 1 cup monterey jack or colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapenos, ribs and seeds removed, large diced (will break down more in food processor)
- ½ block cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- For the coating
- 1 cup pork rinds, finely crushed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- Ranch for dipping
- Add all filling ingredients to a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped.
- In a small bowl, Combine ingredients for the outside coating.
- Scoop and roll into 2 inch balls. Slightly flatten to form a nugget like shape Place on sprayed or oiled sheet pan.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Bake 20 minutes , turning after 10.
- Dip in ranch, enjoy!
Serving Size:about 4 nuggets
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 21gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gProtein: 26g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.