A southwestern keto quiche recipe with a homemade keto crust! Loads of flavor like spinach, sausage, bacon, and a spicy cheese that packs loads of flavor in this low carb quiche. One of those great keto breakfast ideas, or even serve this up for lunch or dinner. Meal prep me!
Quiche is always a family favorite in my house. This almond flour quiche keto crust gives you incredible flavor and sticks to the low carb lifestyle. It is mild in flavor and works great with the double meat loaded quiche filling. Skip the breakfast sandwiches and whip this up today, for one savory breakfast that will leave you wanting one more slice.
Can I skip the meat in this quiche?
I used sausage and bacon, I love the combination of the two types of meat combined. You are more than welcome to change up the meats to fit your tastebuds or skip it all together.
Canadian bacon, diced ham both would be great contenders for this spinach quiche. But you can eliminate the meats and go veggie all the way. Try adding mushrooms and onions! I have other keto quiche recipes to check out if you are keto these recipes can be made by skipping the crust.
Fresh Or Frozen Spinach
Frozen chopped spinach works incredibly well in this recipe. Make sure to thaw your spinach and allow it to fully drain. I set mine in a colander so as it thaws the water can runoff. Then I gently squeeze the spinach to push out any excess water that might still be in the leaves.
If you don’t thaw and drain, the frozen can add too much liquid to the quiche and it won’t bake up properly. This is a step you can’t skip.
Searching for more keto breakfast ideas
- Keto Breakfast Pizza | This pizza is a meat lovers dream come true! We love a good breakfast pizza and this one right here gives you all the flavors we love in on pizza.
- Bacon and Havarti Breakfast Puffs | These puffs are not only a bite-size treat but they offer that bacon and eggs aspect we know and love at breakfast.
- Keto Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits | A keto-based biscuit that is loaded with incredible stuffing that is savory and will fuel your body for the day. Give this recipe a try, if you are looking for something different.
How To Store Leftover Low Carb Quiche
You will want to store any of the quiche you have leftover in the fridge. Wrap tightly or place in an airtight container. Then when ready to reheat slice and warm up in the microwave or cover with aluminum foil and heat in the oven. Then salt and pepper to taste and enjoy. Because this quiche keeps so well, it makes a perfect meal prep dish.
Can I Make This Keto Quiche Without Crust
Absolutely! If you are not a fan of crust, or find it easier to skip, go for it. You can prep this crustless quiche just how the recipe is. Pour into a pie pan and make sure it is greased to prevent sticking.
How Long Will Quiche Store For
You can store your quiche in the fridge for up to three days. Just make sure that you store it completely. I always recommend you use your best judgment in terms of if it has gone bad or not. If in doubt, throw it out.
Give this southwestern keto quiche recipe a try and let me know what you think.
- For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1-.25 ounce package of unflavored gelatin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- For the filling:
- 4 strips of crispy bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces of breakfast sausage, sauteed
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 ounces of jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- Salsa for garnish (optional)
- Start your sausage and bacon frying while you prepare the crust. Remember to periodically check their progress while you are working on the crust.
The Crust :
- Stir the gelatin into the almond flour in a mixing bowl. Add the softened cream cheese and beat with a stiff spatula briefly and then add the two beaten eggs. Mix everything together to form a loose dough.
- Grease a 9 inch diameter deep dish pie pan or a quiche pan liberally with vegetable shortening. Pour in the dough and work it with greasy fingers evenly over the bottom and up the sides as far as you can go. Take a fork and poke holes in the bottom and bake the crust for 12 minutes at 400 F.
- While the crust is cooking, prepare the filling. Chop your crispy bacon, make sure your cooked sausage is crumbled, grate your jalapeno jack, and beat your eggs, separately, in a large mixing bowl.
Add your well drained spinach to the eggs, followed by the bacon and sausage. Stir the mixture between additions.
- Finally, add your cheese and pour the mixture into the quiche crust. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180 F. Serve warm with a spoonful of your favorite salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 32gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 5gProtein: 25g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.