This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
Our Easy Quiche Recipe Plus 4 Variations. Including bacon cheddar. Perfect for feeding a big crowd a hearty breakfast, brunch or any time meal!
Easy Quiche Recipe-
Bacon cheddar plus 4 other variations so it is like we are giving you 5 recipes in 1 !
This easy quiche recipe will give you the basics so you can then experiment with your own filling ingredients. The basic recipe is always the same. Eggs. Cream(Or Milk). Cheese. Pie Crust.
Save on your cheese with this coupon!
Quiche is an egg based pie that is traditionally made with Swiss cheese. I am not a fan of Swiss cheese so I have always used Cheddar or Greek Feta.
Any Quiche is great for pot luck’s, holiday mornings, brunch, even dinner.
Speaking of pie crust- make sure to try this Quiche Recipe with our Buttery Pie Crust
EATING KETO , LOW CARB OR GLUTEN FREE? Try this pie crust !
Or skip it all together and go crustless. Be free! It is liberating. Oh wait… that is braless. Ok well crustless may not feel the same, but it is just as satisfying. Simple pour the mixture into a buttered dish instead.
This easy quiche recipe is quick to prepare and can easily feed 6.
I remember when my mom use to make it on Christmas morning for brunch.
We would get up really early to open presents and after all was said and done, sit down to enjoy the Quiche. It is a tradition that we now share with my girls!
Below is my basic recipe for Quiche with Bacon & Cheddar.
Underneath the printable recipe is variations that include Spinach & Feta, Western style, Ham & Cheese.
PLEASE NOTE* We used deep dish pie plates like these pictured here, if you are not using deep dish see the note in the recipe.
- Basic Recipe:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups of Cream or Milk, I use what I have on hand
- 1 Store bought, or your own DEEP DISH pie crust NOTE******** IF NOT USING DEEP DISH US 3 EGGS, 4 DEPENDING ON WHAT SIZE EGGS.
- Bacon Cheddar:
- 1 lb cooked, chopped crispy bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper is optional. I leave it out because the bacon is salty enough.
- Pre Heat the oven to 375
- If not already done, then cut the bacon and fry until crispy. TIP- it is much easier to cut the bacon into small pieces if it is partially frozen.
- Wisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl
- Lay the pie crust out into a 9" pie plate
- Drain the bacon grease, blot with paper towels
- Shred cheese if necessary ( I only had a block, you can buy shredded)
- Add half of the bacon and half of the cheese to the egg mix. Stir well.
- Pour into pie crust
- Bake on 375 for 20 mins. Add remaining bacon and cheese evenly over the top and continue baking for 20-25 mins. (Time may vary)
- Quiche is down when golden brown and raised significantly. If you are uncertain, then you can test like you would a cake.
- Let the Quiche set for about 10 minutes. It will fall, no worries it is suppose to.
- Cut & Serve!
Spinach & Feta– 1 Cup of thawed and drained frozen cut spinach, 1/4 lb of feta cheese broken into crumbles. Mix into the egg mixture, pour into pie crust.
Western Style- 1 Cup total of mixed diced onion, green pepper and red peppers. 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese ( Or Pepper Jack for some spice), 1 Cup cooked crumbled breakfast sausage (no casing, like the Jimmy Dean roll). Add all ingredients to the egg mixture. Proceed as above.
Ham & Cheese- Purchase a 1/2 lb thick cut piece of your favorite ham from the deli. Dice into cubes. Add to egg mixture with 1 Cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Have a Quiche recipe variation you like? Let us know, we will add it and mention you!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share!
GET THE CRUST RECIPE CLICK THE PHOTO BELOW
OR Try our other breakfast favorite –