Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Do your kids love the Minions? Keep them busy and get them excited for back to school with this fun and easy Minions craft! A desktop school supplies storage pot.
Minions Craft- Desktop School Supply Storage
Here is how to make our Minion Craft-
Desktop School Supply Storage:
- One medium sized terra cotta flower pot and saucer
- 1 mason jar ring
- 1 bottle of Minion yellow paint
- 1 bottle of Minion blue paint
- 1 bottle each of white, black and brown paint. You can also use a black and brown marker.
- 1 medium paintbrush for painting the flower pot and saucer
- 1 small paintbrush for painting the eye
- ¼ “ black grosgrain ribbon
- Tacky glue or a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint your flower pot with the yellow paint. You may need to do 2-3 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats.
- Paint your saucer with the blue paint. You may need to do 2-3 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats.
- Place your mason jar ring with the top against the flower pot. This is where the eye will be. Use a pencil to mark the circle of the eye, using the ring as a guide.
- Pain the eye circle white. Do at least 2 coats. Allow to dry completely in between coats. This is super important. If you don’t, the brown and black will run into the white.
- Using a pencil, make a circle, about the size of a half dollar, in the middle of the white part of the eye. This will be painted brown. You can also use a brown marker instead of paint.
- Repeat step five, but inside the brown circle. This will be painted black. You can also use a black marker instead of the paint.
- Glue the black ribbon around the bottom of the top part of the flower pot. The ends will be glued just inside where the mason jar ring will go.
- Glue the mason jar ring onto the flower pot.
Now you are ready to fill your Minion Craft with school supplies for your kiddo’s desk! I personally would even put this on my work desk.