Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Are you in love with the popular fathead pizza dough? Then you will absolutely adore these keto fathead rolls. Use them for anything! Raised, soft, and delicious.
Keto Fathead Rolls
Perfect for Sandwiches and Sliders!
Fathead dough is all the craze right now. It seems the most common food missed by many when going low carb is pizza. So, of course the recipe Gods created an amazing dough that would work as the perfect alternative. I had to take it a bit further.
Using the popular fathead dough recipe with a few tweaks, I created soft, raised keto fathead rolls that can be used for anything. Sliders, sandwiches, dinner rolls or simple smothered in butter. I am willing to bet that adding a little sweetener and some blueberries would even turn these into a yummy scone for breakfast!
Also check out our amazing low carb meatballs!
Shameless plug- I FINALLY found a maple syrup we CAN use on keto ! No after taste, no artificial sweeteners. Just absolutely delicious.
Here is how to make these super simple keto fathead rolls
- 1 – recipe of my Fathead pizza dough (click those words to get the recipe, link opens in new window) NOTE* do not follow the instructions for the pizza dough recipe, just the ingredients.
- Extra Almond flour for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder- Yes, you read that right. It is TABLESPOON. I am often asked if the measurement is correct. It is. When working with gluten free flours there is a need for the extra leavening agent.
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Additional items needed- plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese and mozzarella. Microwave on high for 20 seconds at a time until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg until beaten. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Work mozzarella/cc mixture into dough. Dough may be sticky. If so, refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Lay plastic wrap out on a flat surface. Dust with almond flour.
- Spoon dough onto plastic wrap. Dust the top of it with almond flour.
- Fold the plastic wrap over the dough and gently start working into a ball. The plastic wrap will keep your hands clean and peel right back from the dough.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
- Cut dough ball into 4. Roll each section into a ball. Cut the ball in half. This is your top and bottom bun !
- Sit cut side down on parchment paper or very well greased sheet pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden and set up.
Makes 4 keto fathead rolls or 8 pieces.
Macros per set (or 2 pieces)
Make these into cheddar cheese rolls or “biscuits” Simply fold shredded cheddar cheese into the finished dough before rolling into a ball and cutting! These would make an AMAZING vessel for sugar free bbq sauced pulled pork and cole slaw!