Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Braided Crescent makes a fantastic appetizer for your parties, game day or any occasion. Dip them in ranch dressing for the perfect snack.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken
Braided Crescent Appetizer
August is almost done and that means the holidays are fast approaching and football season is here! Even though you may not watch football, you could be put in the position to host a game day party or attend one. Keep this recipe handy so you have something easy to make.
Cheesy buffalo chicken is wrapped up inside a pretty braid of crescent roll dough. The process of wrapping the chicken in the braided form is actually very simple. It may look harder than it actually is. The dough is not technically braided so you if don’t know how to braid, no problem!
Don’t forget your crescent dough coupon!
So easy I had a friend make it and create a video for you!
Here is how to make them (printable recipe card below):
Open a can of refrigerator crescent dough. It usually separates into two pieces. Dust a flat surface lightly with flour and roll those pieces out flat into a rectangle.
Place on a sheet pan side by side.
Spoon chicken mixture into the middle of the crescent dough. Top with shredded cheese.
Use a knife or pizza cutter, to cut strips along the edge of the dough.
Fold the ends over and then the remaining dough over one piece at a time alternating sides.
Bake on 375 for 15 -18 minutes or until golden brown.
Cut into pieces, serve with Ranch dressing.
If you want more buffalo sauce, set out a dish for dipping!
For another amazing appetizer recipe to make on game day check out our :
Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Meatballs !
In that post you will also find a cute game day DIY menu board and display to make your football get together just a little bit more fun!
Be sure to follow us on social media, we are starting to post recipe videos!
- 1 can refrigerator crescent dough, OR
- 1 recipe FATHEAD DOUGH, for KETO & LOW CARB
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Drizzle a skillet with Olive oil and heat over medium.
- Saute chicken until done (internal temperature of 165), season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in buffalo sauce. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll dough out into two rectangles. place on cookie sheet.
- Spoon chicken onto the middle of each dough piece.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut strips down the sides of the dough.
- Fold ends over, continue folding each strip over side to side one at a time.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
This is an easy recipe to double, just double all the ingredients equally. The serving size is small as it is meant to be an appetizer. As a meal with salad this would serve two.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
Be sure to follow us on social media