Looking for a healthy and low carb dinner recipe using ground beef? I have these Keto Low Carb Burger Bowls that are made with a special sauce you drizzle over the top. You get all those flavors of a juicy hamburger but without the empty carbs. Plus it is a great alternative to a lettuce wrapped burger. Keto burger bowls are one tasty weeknight dinner creation.
One thing I love in the summer months is a juicy burger fresh off the grill. Pair with a toasted bun, that was the life. Now that we are living the keto life those toasted glorious buns are out the window. I get tired of lettuce wrapped burgers, that wilt so fast, become a mess, and the list goes on. This burger bowl recipe gives you all the flavors and more of a loaded hamburger! Then add in the special sauce you drizzle over the top. Talk about fantastic.
What Are Burger Bowls
Burger bowls are one tasty creation that is great for anyone. I would even say it is similar to a loaded salad or taco salad without the crunchy chips. Greens are the base and then you pile on the meat, tomatoes, pickles, onions, bacon, guacamole, etc.
Craving More Low Carb Recipes
What Is The Special Sauce For Burger Bowls
I created a sauce that is savory, tangy and offers a hint of sweetness. Ketchup, mayo, sweetener, pickle relish and more come together for one incredible sauce. I might make this sauce for other recipes I whip up. This burger keto bowl topped with the sauce is truly a match made in heaven.
Can I Adjust What I Put In The Bowl
Absolutely. If you don’t like an item I have tossed in, leave it out. If you want to replace it with a different topping just ensure it is low carb/keto if you want it to stay low carb. This is a great keto recipe to keep in your recipe box to use over and over again. It is absolutely delicious and you can create a bowl that fits your taste buds.
Can I Use Burger Patties In Burger Bowl
Sure. Cook up your burger patties like you would and just chop them up. Or if you want to grill burgers and then chop them up. Add in your slices of bacon, pickle slices, and more and dive in. Key note– most burger patties are higher in calories.
Variations For Burger Bowl
- Meat | Feel free to swap ground beef out for ground turkey or even ground chicken or pork. Use what you prefer. ‘
- Toppings | Use whatever toppings you like. Add in some other low carb vegetables or even some low carb cheese.
- Sauce | While we love the special sauce to drizzle over the top, you can opt for something different. Whether it be your favorite low carb dressing or even a drizzle of mustard.
How To Meal Prep Burger Bowls
I prep these for meals for the week when I have a busy work week. What I do is put all the meat, sauce and toppings in the bottom of a container. The sauce goes in first. Then on top, I pile on the lettuce. Then cover the container and store in the fridge. When ready to serve shake or stir up! This is a way to prevent the lettuce from wilting in the fridge. You don’t want it to touch the sauce.
MAKING THE Burger Bowl Recipe
Ultimate Burger Bowls
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 heads romaine lettuce, sliced
1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced dill pickles
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
10 strips smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
3/4 cup guacamole
For the Dressing:
2 tsp. sweetener
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. dill relish
2 tsp. dried onion granules
pinch of salt and pepper
Directions for the burger bowl recipe:
Combine ground beef, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl and beat together until fully combined. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil and add ground beef.
Cook until no meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, char onions for 1-2 minutes on each side.
To prepare the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
To assemble the burger bowls, layer romaine, ground beef, tomatoes, pickles, red onions, guacamole, and bacon into bowls as desired.
Serve with the prepared dressing.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced dill pickles
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 10 strips smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp. sweetener
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. dill relish
- 2 tsp. dried onion granules
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Combine ground beef, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl and beat together until fully combined. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat vegetable oil and add ground beef.
- Cook until no meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, char onions for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- To prepare the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
- To assemble the burger bowls, layer romaine, ground beef, tomatoes, pickles, red onions, guacamole, and bacon into bowls as desired.
- Serve with the prepared dressing.