Bakery Style Double Chocolate Gluten Free Muffins
Gluten free muffins are probably a god send for those of you that eat gluten free. I couldn't imagine giving up muffins. We have an amazing , healthy alternative to the high fat muffins from the coffee shops or bakery. You will feel guilty eating this, but for no reason at all!
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons xanthan gum (such as Bob's Red Mill)
⅔ cups Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
¾ cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup chocolate chips
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup sunflower or canola oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 11/2 teaspoons xanthan gum, such as Bob's Red Mill
- ⅔ cups Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunflower or canola oil
- Before you begin, set out 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 eggs and bring them to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with silicone cupcake liners or regular cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients thoroughly. Add eggs, vanilla and oil and stir until combined, and dump the milk and vinegar mixture in, stirring thoroughly again. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into each of the muffin cups ¾ way full.
- Top with additional chocolate chips and bake for 15-20 minutes.