Looking for that simple snickerdoodle cookies recipe? If you say yes, this is my tried and true snickerdoodle that will win over a crowd. Best of all this is a keto snickerdoodles recipe, low carb, and even gluten free. A guilt free treat that you will love to serve up your family.
While this is a keto-friendly dessert, it is the CLOSEST you will ever come to a real snickerdoodle! It is light, fluffy, delicious, down to the last crumb!
What Are Snickerdoodle Cookies
Snickerdoodle cookies are a very popular cookie. They tend to be a soft and chewy cookie that is rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. This is a cookie that uses cream of tartar and stands out from other cookies.
Can You Have Cream Of Tartar On Keto Diet
You can have the cream of tartar on the keto diet if your macros allow it. Cream of Tartar is a Potassium mineral and can actually help contribute to your needed electrolytes intake while on keto. So eat em up!
What Type of Flour Do You Use for Low Carb Snickerdoodles
We use blanched- fine almond flour. You want to have it be a fine texture as this will mimic the texture of regular flour, giving your snickerdoodles light and fluffy texture. This almond flour snickerdoodle offers a very similar recipe as the original. We have not tested this recipe with coconut flour. Feel free to try it out and let us know! Be aware that coconut flour soaks up more liquid so another egg may be needed.
Do You Refrigerate The Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough
Yes, you will want to refrigerate your cookie dough for 10-15 minutes before you prepare them for baking. This is going to help set up the dough a bit, and offer that light and fluffy texture you want in a snickerdoodle cookie. If you don’t allow the dough to rest and get chilled your gluten free snickerdoodles will fall flat in baking.
What Is The Best Sweetener To Use For Low Carb Cookies
Personally, I reach for erythritol! I find it sweetens the cookies nicely, and doesn’t have a strong of a sweetener taste like some. But you can use other granulated sweeteners, you prefer. Just make sure to measure them correctly when converting the recipe.
Craving More Keto Cookies?
- PBFit Cookies | Love a good peanut butter cookie? This is a keto version that is bursting with peanut butter flavor and is low in carbs.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies | Skip the PB&J sandwich, make a cookie that is low carb and outstanding. These are great for parties, holidays and more.
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies | A low carb version of your favorite classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think.
PIN ME !
How To Store Snickerdoodle Cookies
Allow your cookies to fully cool down, and then place them in an airtight container or sealable bag. Store on the counter at room temperature for 4-5 days. These are best when eaten in the first few days, as each day they can begin to dry out more.
Can You Freeze Snickerdoodle Cookies
Yes. You can freeze any leftover snickerdoodle cookies you have. Simply allow the cookies to fully cool, then place in a freezer bag or container and store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw on the counter and enjoy.
Have you ever tried a keto snickerdoodle cookie?
Here is the recipe, get started! You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp or 1/2 cup)- softened
- 1 tsp vanillla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups blanched- fine almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar- (only adds 1.8 net carbs per batch)
- 1 cup erythritol (or your granulated sweetener of choice)- separated into 3/4c and 1/4c
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon- separated in half
- Preheat oven to 350 - OVEN MUST BE FULLY PREHEATED
- In a large mixing bowl- Cream butter, egg and vanilla together until soft and fluffy.
- Sift together ALL remaining ingredients EXCEPT 1/4 c of the sweetener and 1 tbsp of the cinnamon. Mix those together in a small separate bowl and reserve for rolling.
- Mix dry into wet ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, the butter will get too warm and the cookies will fall flat.
- Scoop and roll into 2-3 in balls. Roll in cinnamon sweetener mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- REFRIGERATE for 5-10 min.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden and set up.
Cream of Tartar adds 1.8 net carbs to the full batch.
Cookies may fall flat IF : The dough is over worked. The dough is not refrigerated long enough. The oven is not preheated fully. Your butter was too soft or melted. You did not mix the sugar with the dry ingredients.
We have not tested the recipe with coconut flour.
We have not tested freezing (they usually disappear too fast!)
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187 Total Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g