Cranberry Glazed Crockpot Meatballs are a must make dinner or holiday appetizer. Nothing says holiday flavors like cranberry. These Cranberry Meatballs are the perfect appetizer for your holiday parties or even Thanksgiving leftovers! Homemade meatballs that are in a savory and sweet glaze. Whip up these for a crock pot appetizer or weeknight dinner.
Have you ever had a Thanksgiving sandwich? With turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce... these meatballs are an homage to that sandwich.
Here are more of my favorite meatball recipes
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipe Idea
These cranberry meatballs are an absolute must for your next holiday party or get together. I specifically wrote this recipe with Thanksgiving leftovers in mind. Instead of bread crumbs I use stuffing which helps keep the meatballs moist and juicy. Note *If you don't want to prepare stuffing just for this or don't have any leftover it is ok to use bread crumbs.
You can choose to make these with ground turkey or chicken, I have done both, even ground beef!
Here is how to make Cranberry Meatballs (full printable recipe card below)
- Prepare meatball mixture, roll and place on a cookie sheet and bake.
- Start the sauce. Combine cranberries, sugar, and seasonings with butter in a saucepot on the stove. Bring to a boil, stir, reduce to medium. Let the cranberries cook down until soft.
- Add mixture to food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Add water and add sugar. Pulse until combined. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add cooked meatballs and heat on low for at least 1 hour. Reduce to "keep warm" until ready to serve or to hold.
Serve meatballs as an appetizer or as a meal with bread! We toast baguette slices, it is delicious!
Can I Make Homemade Cranberry Meatballs on The Stove
This recipe can also be easily turned into a stovetop method. Simply skip the slow cooker. Add the meatballs to the pan and heat on medium-low.
Can I Use Frozen Meatballs in This Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatball Recipe
Yes, you sure can. I love homemade meatballs but if you prefer frozen go for it. Or if you have some leftover meatballs in your freezer you made prior toss them in. The biggest thing is using a meatball that you enjoy the flavor of.
Could I Use Italian Meatballs for Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
Sure, I loved using the stuffing to give it that leftover Thanksgiving feels, but you could swap with pre-made or homemade Italian meatballs.
- 1 lb ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup stuffing, prepared
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, sage
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1 bag whole cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar + ½ cup if needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a large sauce pan- add water, cranberries, butter, sugar and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to medium and cook until soft.
- Add to food processor and puree. If sauce is too thick, thin it out with ½ cup more water. Add sugar to taste.
- Pour into crockpot, add meatballs, heat on low for 1 hour, reduce to "keep warm" to hold.
- Serve with fresh bread or sliced baguette
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250
How To Store Leftover Slow Cooker Meatballs
Pour the meatballs and leftover glaze into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days. Then when you want some reheat in the microwave or in a pan. If you do stovetop just ensure that you heat on low, or the glaze on your meatballs can easily burn.
Another great holiday recipe, the kids will love this one!
Would you eat these as an appetizer or main dish?
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!