These adorable spider cupcakes are an easy and fun treat to make with the kids that are also delicious!
How To Make Spider Cupcakes For Halloween
Fall is my favorite time of year and Halloween is absolutely my favorite Holiday. I love the decorating, costumes, atmosphere and everything else that goes with it. I go all out each year with about 30 carved pumpkins, leaf crafts, and of course a ton of goodies!
Last year we made these Halloween Spider Cupcakes , they are very easy and you can use either your own homemade cake recipe or a box cake. We use a box cake to save time because we are always so busy.
These are great for your child's classroom party or even adults will love them as a surprise treat at work!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Make your own recipe OR use
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Pretzel sticks
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles
- Make your chocolate cake mix as directed on the box and pour into a muffin tin lined with muffin papers.
- While the cake is baking, melt half the bag of chocolate chips on a double boiler or use the microwave process.
- Create the legs: Snap half of the pretzels in half, Dip pretzel sticks into the melted chocolate, lay out on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet in an "L" shape
- Create the eyes : Dip a chocolate chip into the melted chocolate and press it onto a marshmallow, let cool. Do this until you have 2 for each cupcake.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely. Frost. Stick pretzels into the sides as shown in the picture to create the legs.
- Push the marshmallow eyes into the frosting.
- Pour chocolate sprinkles all over the top for a fuzzy spider !