How To Make Spider Cupcakes For Halloween
Fall is my favorite time of year and Halloween is absolutely my favorite Holiday. I love the decorating, costumes, atmosphere and everything else that goes with it. I go all out each year with about 30 carved pumpkins, leaf crafts, and of course a ton of goodies!
Last year we made these Halloween Spider Cupcakes , they are very easy and you can use either your own homemade cake recipe or a box cake. We use a box cake to save time because we are always so busy.
These are great for your child's classroom party or even adults will love them as a surprise treat at work!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Make your own recipe OR use
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Pretzel sticks
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles
- Make your chocolate cake mix as directed on the box and pour into a muffin tin lined with muffin papers.
- While the cake is baking, melt half the bag of chocolate chips on a double boiler or use the microwave process.
- Create the legs: Snap half of the pretzels in half, Dip pretzel sticks into the melted chocolate, lay out on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet in an "L" shape
- Create the eyes : Dip a chocolate chip into the melted chocolate and press it onto a marshmallow, let cool. Do this until you have 2 for each cupcake.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely. Frost. Stick pretzels into the sides as shown in the picture to create the legs.
- Push the marshmallow eyes into the frosting.
- Pour chocolate sprinkles all over the top for a fuzzy spider !