Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Easy Creamy Chicken & Biscuits Recipe
This sure has been one long cold winter here in Maine and I have had enough. The only good thing left about it is comfort food. Warm, creamy, hearty comfort food. Not only do these dishes warm us up, but they also help heat the house. I love the cozy feeling of the oven running cooking something slowly for hours. Though this recipe is done in 20 minutes, it will still be sure to warm you up.
What makes this recipe so easy is the use of refrigerator biscuits and boneless, skinless chicken. Normally, I make my own homemade biscuits ( feel free to use my recipe for them if prefer), but this time we were home late and wanted a good meal in a short amount of time. The boneless, skinless chicken cooks up really fast and works great in this dish.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
Quick, Easy & Hearty
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Half An Onion Diced (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 Medium Carrots Diced
- 1 Cup of Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup of Frozen Corn
- 1 Packet of Chicken Gravy
- 2 Cups of Warm Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Package of Refrigerator Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Saute the diced chicken breast & onion in the olive oil for 5mins, coat the chicken in the flour. Mix well
- Add the water and gravy packet. Mix well
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and mix until gravy thickens.
- Add the carrots, corn and peas, mix well.
- Transfer to a casserole dish or 13 x 9 pan.
- Open the refrigerator biscuits and separate. Flatten out and lay over the top of the dish.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 mins or until biscuits are golden brown.