This keto hash brown recipe is a yummy addition to any breakfast or even eat them as a snack. They are crunchy, low carb and made with a popular potato alternative.
Keto Hash Brown Recipe
Wait! Don't go! This keto hash brown recipe is not made with potato so you can have them. We finally mastered a hash brown that is low carb, higher fat and will be family friendly. One of the biggest issues my readers face is being able to eat low carb or keto and still feed the family, without making multiple dishes every day. This is one they will love.
The trick to getting these hash browns crunchy is making sure to squeeze as much water from the zucchini as you can. Zucchini puts out more and more water as it cooks, so you have to remove as much as possible from the start. Make sure your pan is nice and hot (or oven pre-heated) and you should be good to go.
Now, zucchini isn't the only star in this recipe. We added radishes. In case you haven't heard yet, radishes are the new potato. At least, in the low carb world. Forget that spicy, bitter flavor you know about radishes- it completely cooks out when they are heated.
Making our Keto Hash Brown Recipe
Recipe makes 6 , serving size is 1.
- ½ C. radishes, riced
- ½ C. shredded zucchini, drained
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites until frothy. Stop before firm.
- Stir in zucchini, riced radishes, cheese and seasonings.
- Shape into patties (recipe makes 6).
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, drizzle with olive oil.
- Sear each side until browned, reduce heat to medium low and cook about 3-5 more minutes.
- To bake: preheat oven to 425, oil a muffin tin and pack mixture into each cup. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and set up.
- To rice radishes: boil radishes until fork tender take care not to over boil or they will be mushy. Press through a ricer. If you don't have a ricer simply pulse in a food processor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200
Learn how to make zoodles at Inspiralized
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!