Keto Chicken Stir Fry with the best ketogenic approved sauce, green beans and ONLY 3 NET CARBS. Weeknight or Meal Plan, either way it's EASY. Our chicken stir fry comes together in minutes and the sauce is amazing, perfect for the ketogenic diet.
This Keto Stir Fry is the perfect solution for a busy weeknight meal. Nothing beats a fast and flavorful meal. Our fast skillet recipe is definitely that. Packed with protein from the chicken, good fiber and nutrients from the green beans, and tons of flavor.
Green Bean and Chicken Stir Fry
Not only is my chicken stir fry with green beans keto-friendly, but it is also family-friendly. It's the perfect meal to make when you have non-keto family members craving something tasty for dinner.
The servings are large enough to fill me up, but not overly heavy. One of my biggest complaints when eating Chinese takeout is that it just feels so heavy and rich. I wanted the flavors, but without that "too full" feeling I typically had when eating out. The result was this amazing meal that I am totally in love with making.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts?
Most people following a low carb or keto diet tend to reach for chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts as they contain more fat. Eating a higher fat diet is traditional with these plans, so the lean chicken breast is often skipped in favor of fattier darker meat.
If you prefer, you can definitely substitute in boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. The result will be just as tasty. In fact, you don't even have to use chicken. You could easily substitute pork or beef in this if you prefer.
Do I Have to Use Green Beans for this Keto Chicken Stir-Fry
I love green beans, but I know not everyone shares my love for that flavor. So, if you prefer to add in a different vegetable, go for it!
Using asparagus spears, broccoli, cauliflower, or bell pepper strips are all great ideas that work well for this stir fry. The only difference may be slight variations in cook times to get the right tenderness you prefer in your vegetable.
Tip: Try new vegetables every time to mix up your routine. One of the biggest issues people mention about keto is feeling trapped in the same foods. There are tons of great green veggies you can add to your menu!
What is a Good Keto Stir Fry Sauce
Keto stir fry sauces are usually made without the use of soy, substituting Liquid Aminos instead for the sauce. There are many seasoning packets for sale in stores where you just add water to make the stir fry sauce. However, those can have added sugars so watch the labels. Our favorite method for stir fry sauce is just to make it at home. It's so versatile and fun to play with! Sauce for a ketogenic stir fry ingredients often include liquid aminos, brown sweetener, ginger, garlic and maybe fish sauce.
Need More Keto Chicken Recipes?
If you are looking to fill in your meal plan up with more keto recipes that focus on chicken, look no further I have created some incredible choices that fit your dietary needs while being packed with flavor.
- My first choice, if you are wanting to stick with that Asian cuisine theme, is, of course, my delicious sesame chicken meatballs. Oh so good! A great choice alongside this green bean chicken stir fry if you want an Asian night for dinner.
- A different classic recipe that has been updated to fit into the low carb lifestyle is this recipe for keto chicken parmesan. So good and a great kid-friendly choice.
- Keto chicken tenders are always a hit, especially if you have kids at the dinner table. So crispy and tender!
- Another spectacular but unique choice has to be making keto nacho stuffed chicken.
How to Make My Green Bean Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
The full printable recipe is available below.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounce package fresh green beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute, like Swerve Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, to thicken if desired
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Brown the chicken on both sides until cooked through (or almost cooked through). Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the onions, green beans, and mushrooms. Cook, tossing occasionally while scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove any cooked on pieces. Heat the vegetables until the mushrooms and onions are tender and the green beans are crisp-tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients - EXCEPT the xanthan gum - to create a sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet with the vegetables and pour the sauce over the top. Gently toss and continue to cook until the chicken is done.
- To thicken the sauce, stir in the xanthan gum and allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken after removed from heat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 5gProtein: 36g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!