Save to PINTEREST- Simply HOVER over ANY image & look for the SAVE button in the top left corner.
This keto chicken, or Green Bean Chicken Stir Fry recipe is a perfect solution for a busy weeknight meal. Nothing beats a fast and flavorful meal, and y chicken and green bean stir fry recipe is definitely that. Packed with protein from the chicken, good fiber and nutrients from the green beans, and tons of flavor. If you are looking for a great stir fry chicken and vegetables recipe, this is a perfect choice.
Green Bean Chicken Stir Fry
Not only is my chicken stir fry with green beans keto-friendly, but it is also family-friendly. It’s the perfect meal to make when you have non-keto family members craving something tasty for dinner.
The servings are large enough to fill me up, but not overly heavy. One of my biggest complaints when eating Chinese takeout is that it just feels so heavy and rich. I wanted the flavors, but without that “too full” feeling I typically had when eating out. The result was this amazing meal that I am totally in love with making.
Can I Use Keto Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breasts?
Most people following a low carb or keto diet tend to reach for the keto chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Eating a higher fat diet is traditional with these plans, so the lean chicken breast is often skipped in favor of fattier darker meat.
If you prefer, you can definitely substitute in boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. The result will be just as tasty. In fact, while it says it is a green bean chicken stir fry, you don’t have to use chicken. You could easily substitute pork or beef in this if you prefer. The results will be just as tasty.
Do I Have to Use Green Beans for Stir Fry Chicken and Vegetables?
I love green beans, but I know not everyone shares my love for that flavor. So, if you prefer to add in a different vegetable, go for it!
Using asparagus spears, broccoli, cauliflower, or bell pepper strips are all great ideas that work well for this stir fry. The only difference may be slight variations in cook times to get the right tenderness you prefer in your vegetable.
Tip: Try new vegetables every time to mix up your routine. One of the biggest issues people mention about keto is feeling trapped in the same foods. There are tons of great green veggies you can add to your menu!
Need More Keto Chicken Recipes?
If you are looking to fill in your meal plan up with more keto recipes that focus on chicken, look no further I have created some incredible choices that fit your dietary needs while being packed with flavor.
- My first choice, if you are wanting to stick with that Asian cuisine theme, is, of course, my delicious sesame chicken meatballs. Oh so good! A great choice alongside this green bean chicken stir fry if you want an Asian night for dinner.
- A different classic recipe that has been updated to fit into the low carb lifestyle is this recipe for keto chicken parmesan. So good and a great kid-friendly choice.
- Keto chicken tenders are always a hit, especially if you have kids at the dinner table. So crispy and tender!
- Another spectacular but unique choice has to be making keto nacho stuffed chicken.
Be sure to LIKE or FOLLOW us on Facebook, just click the Simple Keto Recipes Image Below.
Try LAKANTO Sweeteners & Products
How to Make My Green Bean Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
The full printable recipe is available below.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounce package fresh green beans
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute, like Swerve Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, to thicken if desired
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Brown the chicken on both sides until cooked through (or almost cooked through). Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the onions, green beans, and mushrooms. Cook, tossing occasionally while scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove any cooked on pieces. Heat the vegetables until the mushrooms and onions are tender and the green beans are crisp-tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients - EXCEPT the xanthan gum - to create a sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet with the vegetables and pour the sauce over the top. Gently toss and continue to cook until the chicken is done.
- To thicken the sauce, stir in the xanthan gum and allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken after removed from heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 5gProtein: 36g
Nutrition facts are auto- populated by the app for this recipe card, numbers may vary. For best results, input your exact brand ingredients into a recipe analyzer like Verywell or MyFitnessPal.