The Easiest Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs
Here is one of those recipes that everyone loves and boy if they only knew how easy it was to make! Oops. Now they will. I have been making these for years, before that, my mother made them for years. Sweet, a little sour and a lot of simple. You can make them two ways, either with homemade or pre-made meatballs. I have used both, it just depends on the time I have and what else is on the menu. Either way the sauce for the Sweet & Sour Crockpot meatballs is the same.
Note* The recipe is for homemade meatballs. If using frozen meatballs just thaw them, then add to the sauce in the crockpot.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork (optional, I like the mix. Use 2lbs ground beef if you skip it)
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning( optional, skip if using seasoned bread crumbs)
- For the Sauce:
- 1- 32oz Jar of Grape Jelly
- 2- 12 oz. Jars of Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup of Water
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs and roll into desired size ( bite sized for appetizer, larger for a meal or side)
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Put Crockpot on High
- Pour in all ingredients for the sauce and mix well. This will combine more as it gets heated.
- Add the meatballs, reduce to low and let sit at least 1 hour.
- Meatballs can remain on low in the crockpot all day and night.
Looking for Party food and appetizers? Check out our 50 Must Serve New Year’s Eve Appetizers