Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Easiest Sweet & Sour Crockpot Meatballs
Here is one of those recipes that everyone loves and boy if they only knew how easy it was to make! Oops. Now they will. I have been making these for years, before that, my mother made them for years. Sweet, a little sour and a lot of simple. You can make them two ways, either with homemade or pre-made meatballs. I have used both, it just depends on the time I have and what else is on the menu. Either way the sauce for the Sweet & Sour Crockpot meatballs is the same.
Note* The recipe is for homemade meatballs. If using frozen meatballs just thaw them, then add to the sauce in the crockpot.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork (optional, I like the mix. Use 2lbs ground beef if you skip it)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning( optional, skip if using seasoned bread crumbs)
- For the Sauce:
- 1- 32oz Jar of Grape Jelly
- 2- 12 oz. Jars of Chili Sauce
- 1 Cup of Water
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix together all the ingredients for the meatballs and roll into desired size ( bite sized for appetizer, larger for a meal or side)
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
- Put Crockpot on High
- Pour in all ingredients for the sauce and mix well. This will combine more as it gets heated.
- Add the meatballs, reduce to low and let sit at least 1 hour.
- Meatballs can remain on low in the crockpot all day and night.
Looking for Party food and appetizers? Check out our 50 Must Serve New Year’s Eve Appetizers
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share!