How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Only about 80¢ each !
One of my favorite ice cream treats are those Nestle Toll House Cookie Sandwiches . It use to be that every single time I went into a convenience store I would grab one, but now they are so expensive ! I use to pay around $1.19 , now they are pushing $2.50 ! They are worth it, but I kind of strive to be frugal and find deals. I decided to make my own ice cream sandwiches. It is so quicky, easy and inexpensive you will be making them ALL the time !
What You Need
- 1 roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (store brand is ok) Cost- $2.19
- 1 half gallon of vanilla ice cream (store brand is ok) Cost- $2.99
Total cost – $5.18 , Makes 12 cookies = 6 sandwiches
What To Do
- Slice your cookies and bake as directed to by following the package directions. You can score the roll first to mark it and make sure you end up with 12 cookies.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack
- Place in the freezer (back on cookie sheet is fine) for at least 15 minutes
- Just before removing from the freezer, open ice cream container and microwave for 30 seconds or leave it to sit out a few minutes. This will depend on your freezer, mine never really freezes our ice cream solid.
- Spoon one generous heaping of ice cream into the middle of one cookie, top with the second cookie and press down gently.
Serve immediately or cover in plastic wrap or freezer bags and freeze for up to one week