How To Do Your Own Acrylic Nails At Home
Nail art and artificial nails are bigger now than ever and it can be very costly. We are going to teach you how to do your own acrylic nails at home and save yourself some money. Doing them at home will not only save you a lot of money, but give you the freedom of changing your style how and when you want to.
In a salon- $45 full set + $25 Fills (x2 each month)= $45 initial cost, $50 a month maintenance.
Doing your own- $40 start up kit + $10 nail tips= $50 There is enough materials in a kit to do fills at least 10 times! That is a savings of $250, PLUS the convenience of not leaving your house or remembering to make an appointment.
You do not need to be a professional, you just won't be able to purchase the materials at a Beauty Supply store that requires a license. AND That is OK, because we buy from Amazon anyways! I am licensed, but it is way cheaper.
Important- GET organized. I suggest buying a small, cheap tackle box or plastic container with cover.
What you need:
- Nail glue
- A 6 way nail file, you have probably seen them, with the different levels of roughness
- Nail Tips - can be any color
- Base & Top Coat
- Bond Aid - helps dehydrate the natural nail so the acrylic will adhere better , similar items can be found online
- Acrylic , which is a two part system :
- Monomer - Liquid
- Polymer - Powder
The two together react and form a gel like substance. A kit is the cheapest way to go. Remember, pay once and have everything you need for months worth of fills!
- Trim your natural nails down to just the tip of your finger, do not cut too short
- Use a mild nail file to gently rough up the surface of your natural nails
- Get out your nail tips, size them to your fingers, keep them in order so you do not get them mixed up and have to fumble for them when you have nail glue on
- Once you have all your nails all set , start with your pinky on the hand of your choice , add a small dab of glue in the nail tip
- Line the tip up onto your natural nail where indicated by the nail tip sheet, should be just at the tip no lower then the skin on the side of your finger.
- Press down firmly, count to 3 slowly , continue on each nail
- Trim to size with nail clippers or nail cutters , these are 100 % easier !
Continue- VIDEO TUTORIAL