Oatmeal Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I have recently decided to try and do away with white sugar. I found that I absolutely love the flavor coconut sugar provides in cookies and sweet breads ( like pumpkin spice). Coconut Sugar resembles brown sugar in that it has a dark color and caramel type flavor. The main difference with coconut sugar is that it is low on the glycemic index . I found a lot of helpful information here at this site that compares sweeteners . <—– If you are interested in swearing off , or cutting back on white sugar I suggest reading that post.
Now, this recipe is not Gluten free, however those of you who are eating gluten free foods will know how to turn this into a GF recipe.
This cookie is a super high energy food that contains Omega 3’s , high fiber, high protein and antioxidants. You will be amazed at the taste. They are moist, with a little crunch on the edge! Yum, get baking!
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Stick of Butter or Margarine, margarine will create a flatter , crunchier cookie
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Oats
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup chopped almonds
- 1 Small handful of dried cranberries
- 1 Small handful of dark chocolate, chunked
- Pre heat the oven to 350
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla
- Add the dry ingredients, Mix well
- Add the almonds, cranberries and chocolate. Hand mix until well distributed.
- Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet, Bake for 10-12 mins.
- Oven times and temps will vary.