Thank you for your patience while we update this post with new photography.
Easy Skillet Lasagna , an amazing one pot dish ready in 15 minutes instead of over an hour like traditional lasagna! Creamy ricotta, mozzarella and Easy Skillet Lasagna- The BEST way to get your lasagna fix!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
Easy Skillet Lasagna, perfect for when you are craving the traditional, but short on time! The week really flies by , it seems like every time I turn around it is time to post another 15MintuteSupper!
That goes to show just how valuable time is. As a mom I am constantly looking for quick and easy meals to make during the week that will provide a full hearty meal without it coming from a box.
Skillet dishes take less time!
One of my favorite meals is lasagna, but unfortunately I just never have the time during the week. So I set out to create a clever way to have lasagna during the week. This easy skillet lasagna has all of the elements of the traditional, except for the work you have to put in.
UPDATED- this is an updated recipe, it takes about 20 -25 mins and no longer pre-boils noodles.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
FIRST, WATCH THE QUICK VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE IT!
- 8 oz Mafalada or Egg noodles
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground beef, or sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 Jar of pasta sauce
- 1 small container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and ground beef (or sausage). Season with salt & pepper. Cook until browned. Drain grease if necessary.
- Add the jar of sauce, mix. Add the noodles. Mix well. You may need to add a touch of water (use it to rinse the jar out to get all of the sauce. This will not make your pasta bland or watery, it cooks out)
- Cover, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add a beaten egg, half of the parsley and a pinch of salt & pepper to the ricotta cheese. Place dollops of ricotta on top of the pasta. Cover and let simmer until noodles are cooked, about 10 more minutes.
- Top with shredded mozzarella, cover for 1-2 mins. to melt. Sprinkle with parsley!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320
Other quick and easy meals!
Chicken & Waffle Sandwiches from Around My Family Table
Sun Dried Tomato & Chicken Alfredo from Lizzie Jane Baby
Best-ever Baked Chicken Nuggets from Better in Bulk
Paleo Coconut Fish Soup Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15 Minute Chicken Fajita Recipe from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
Ham and Cheese Pasta with Vegetables from Suburbia Unwrapped
BLT Tortellini Salad from Just 2 Sisters
Owner & Lead Recipe Developer for It's Simple! since 2015, where you will find our best Family Favorites & Keto Low Carb Dishes with Helpful Cooking Tips & Hints in each post. Many Thanks for Stopping By, Enjoy!