Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Moist, decadent chocolate peanut butter cup cookies. These will be a favorite in your house!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Is there anything better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? Yes. It’s the combination of chocolate and peanut butter in cookies. These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are a must for anyone that loves Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. If you’re making cookies during the holidays, these make a great gift.
These cookies are semi-homemade so time is not an issue. Don’t like to bake? You will!
They truly satisfy your craving for a chocolate peanut butter snack. You’ll find people of all ages will quickly snatch these up so be sure to make a couple batches. You may also want to make some extra dough and pop it in the freezer to bake up a quick treat.
30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 Box of Devil's Food Cake Mix - prepare according to the directions on the box
- For the filling :
- 1/2 stick of softened (not melted) butter or margarine
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together until combined , slowly add in the confectioner sugar. I did this by hand, you can use a mixer if necessary.
- For the frosting:
- I use the Hersey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting Recipe. It is the best by far that I have ever had.
- "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
- Prepare your cupcake mix and bake according to package directions. Let cool completely
- Prepare your peanut butter filling using the recipe above and spoon into a pastry bag, sometimes I will use a storage bag and just clip the corner, but unfortunately with this recipe you can't. You need the hard plastic or metal tip to penetrate the cupcake to fill the middle.
- If you do not have a bag, you could try filling the cupcake pan half way, cook for half the time, spoon a small dab of peanut butter filling onto the top then cover with remaining cupcake batter cook remaining time.
- Fill all the cupcakes, careful not to overfill. Believe it or not you will be able to tell when doing it if you have enough filling. You can actually kind of see the cupcake swell bigger as you fill it.
- Frost with the chocolate frosting and then add a little touch of the peanut butter to the top
How about another easy, semi-homemade decadent cookie :