This post may contain affiliate or paid links. See our full disclosure at the bottom of this page for more information. ............................................................................................................................................................
10 Parenting Hacks to Help With Everyday Problems
Life can be challenging, messy, and so much fun when you have a family. These 10 parenting hacks will help with everyday problems. We’ve covered everything from messy snack time solutions to savvy safety solutions with family-friendly hacks and tricks to make your life a little bit easier.
1. Use cupcake liners to prevent messes from popsicles. Slip the popsicle stick through the center of a cupcake liner. The liner, facing upward, will catch any drips and keep hands from getting sticky. For push pop treats, use a chip clip to keep the bottom pinched shut and keep the push pop from sliding back down to the bottom.
2. Relieve nighttime fear and anxiety with monster spray. Upcycle an old spray bottle or find a cheap bottle from a thrift store. Decorate it with stickers and tape and make a special label of “Monster Spray.” Fill the bottle with water and few drops of scented oil, lemon peels, or whatever concoction your child feels will keep the monsters away. Spray before bed and your child will feel more comfortable and secure.
3. Rinsing a wiggly toddler in the bath can be a challenge. Try sticking adhesive stars or pictures to the ceiling so your water-wary child has something to focus on as you wash the soap out of their hair.
4. Cut a lengthwise slit in a portion of a pool noodle and attach it to the inner edge of a door to create an instant doorstop. You can also cut up pool noodles in the same fashion to wrap around trampoline springs to prevent pinching.
5. If your little one keeps slipping on uncarpeted surfaces, add some fun designs to the bottom of their socks using puffy paint. They will enjoy the craftiness of the parent hack and have instant grip on those slippery surfaces.
6. Having trouble getting baby to take their medicine? Cut a small hole in the tip of a spare pacifier and slide the dropper into slit you created. Your baby will be much more cooperative taking his or her meds while feeling the comfort of the pacifier.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon into your kids’ sandbox. It will keep cats, bugs, and worms out and smell great, too!
8. Use a shower caddy to organize toys, snacks, and electronic gadgets in the car.
9. If shoes are always a mess in the hallway, try creating space for each member of the family by sticking painter’s tape on the floor. Create a square for everyone and label the spot with marker. Now they have a special spot, they are more likely to use it.
10. If you are trying to when your tot from a pacifier, try cutting away a small piece of the pacifier after each time he or she uses it. Eventually, your tiny tot won’t enjoy the feel and give it up.
Being a mom or dad sometimes requires a little creativity and ingenuity. These parent hacks will help you deal with life’s everyday problems when it comes to having a family and raising kids. Every little tip and trick can make a major impact, so help out your friends and family by pinning or sharing this handy list of parenting hacks.