Disclosure: This website may receive compensation in the form of payment or product. Some content may include affiliate links. All posts are written based off of personal use and experience. Opinions are in no way influenced by compensation. _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Valentine Sugar Cookies- Super Easy & Adorable! Surprise your kiddos with these yummy treats for Valentine’s Day or bake up a bunch and send them to school instead of those paper Valentines!
Valentine Sugar Cookies
Super Easy & Adorable!
These absolutely easy Valentine sugar cookies are one of the first cookies my husband made for our daughter’s all by himself. It was quite the accomplishment. He even added a special “Secret ingredient” that makes these a touch different than any other basic sugar cookie. Citrus zest. Yep! Trust me, it is amazing. Not enough is added to over power and change the flavor of the cookie. Just enough to enhance it. Kind of like what salt & pepper does for food.
For the citrus zest you can basically choose any you want ! Lemon, lime, orange, even grapefruit. We made this same sugar cookie recipe with lime zest, a slight lime flavor and green frosting on a shamrock for St. Patty’s Day. That recipe to come soon!
So, in attempt to keep with my “no long winded chatty posts” theme- Here is how to make his
Valentine Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, unsalted & softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12/ teaspoon citrus zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Additional items needed-
- Rolling pin
- Dusting Flour (just extra all purpose flour)
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Sheet pan
Preheat the oven to 350º. Let the oven COMPLETELY preheat before baking.
In a large bowl, cream together butter, egg, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and smooth.
Add zest, baking powder and half the flour. Continue mixing with electric mixer.
Hand fold in remaining flour. Dough will likely be crumbly and seem like it won’t come together. Work it!
Dust a flat surface with flour, turn dough out onto surface. Use hands to form dough into a ball, kneading as if it was bread dough.
Dough will come together and smooth out from the heat of your hands.
Once smooth, roll to 1/2″ thick. Cut with cookie cutter. Lift with spatula and place on cookie sheet. Cookies can be placed as close as about 1″ apart as they do not spread, they rise.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool on rack.
This is my absolute favorite buttercream frosting, from Two Sisters Crafting.
Now just pack them up and send to school with the kiddos or surprise them with a big plate on Valentine’s Day!
FOR ANOTHER RECIPE THAT THE KIDS WILL LOVE (AND ADULTS!) TRY OUR
These are an even easier cookie made with cake mix! They are soft, chewy and yummy!
The Easiest Quiche Recipe. This recipe is my basic recipe including crispy bacon and cheddar. You can use this recipe for a base and add any additional ingredients you wish just like you would with an omelette.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- Basic Recipe:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups of Cream or Milk ( I use what I have on hand)
- 1 Store bought (or your own) DEEP DISH pie crust NOTE******** IF NOT USING DEEP DISH US 3 EGGS, 4 DEPENDING ON WHAT SIZE EGGS.
- Bacon Cheddar:
- 1 lb cooked, chopped crispy bacon
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper is optional. I leave it out because the bacon is salty enough.
- Pre Heat the oven to 375
- If not already done, then cut the bacon and fry until crispy. TIP- it is much easier to cut the bacon into small pieces if it is partially frozen.
- Wisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl
- Lay the pie crust out into a 9" pie plate
- Drain the bacon grease, blot with paper towels
- Shred cheese if necessary ( I only had a block, you can buy shredded)
- Add half of the bacon and half of the cheese to the egg mix. Stir well.
- Pour into pie crust
- Bake on 375 for 20 mins. Add remaining bacon and cheese evenly over the top and continue baking for 20-25 mins. (Time may vary)
- Quiche is down when golden brown and raised significantly. If you are uncertain, then you can test like you would a cake.
- Let the Quiche set for about 10 minutes. It will fall, no worries it is suppose to.
- Cut & Serve!